tOSU being investigated for tattoo-gate?

Thats pretty typical ....

Everyone hates a guy thats WINNING !!!!

Lots of opinion being thrown around, bet you don't have the same opinions if it were YOUR school.

Jimbo, the problem is that everyone expected him to be honest and truthful....and he has lied all along....even going so far as to signing a document stating that he knew NOTHING about it. IF you are gonna pretend or give this image of being squeaky clean...then actually BE squeaky clean.

Jimbo, the problem is that everyone expected him to be honest and truthful....and he has lied all along....even going so far as to signing a document stating that he knew NOTHING about it. IF you are gonna pretend or give this image of being squeaky clean...then actually BE squeaky clean.

Oh I understand ... We all thought he was till this type of thing comes out.

We all thought he was till this type of thing comes out.

You mean this time, or the four previous times he has violated NCAA rules and been caught at it, including lying to the NCAA while at Youngstown State, where he oversaw 5 figure payments by, umm, Youngstown major industry, to players.

Time to shut it down, so the arrogant attitude that lying and cheating is OK, as long as it is "my" school ends. Two year death penalty. Finally treat a northern school like a southern school.

You mean this time, or the four previous times he has violated NCAA rules and been caught at it, including lying to the NCAA while at Youngstown State, where he oversaw 5 figure payments by, umm, Youngstown major industry, to players.

Time to shut it down, so the arrogant attitude that lying and cheating is OK, as long as it is "my" school ends. Two year death penalty. Finally treat a northern school like a southern school.

Sam,
You didn't even KNOW who he was when that all happened, you never heard of him nor heard anything about this happening.

You had NO CLUE about any of that till it was reported recently, don't make it sound like you knew it all along.

Btw, I guess it's OK to STEAL and cheat on you papers and take money , but not OK to sell something that belongs to YOU .... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes, Mr. Newton did ALL of these things and got away with them SCOTT FREE.
Stole someones laptop, put his name on other peoples papers and got money from Auburn for him going there, remember Miss St wouldn't do that, YES the place that he WANTED to to all his life.

HMMM, All these are OK ...

And they want to bitch about someone selling a trophy

Sam,
You didn't even KNOW who he was when that all happened, you never heard of him nor heard anything about this happening.

You had NO CLUE about any of that till it was reported recently, don't make it sound like you knew it all along.

Btw, I guess it's OK to STEAL and cheat on you papers and take money , but not OK to sell something that belongs to YOU .... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stole someones laptop, put his name on other peoples papers and got money from Auburn for him going there, remember Miss St wouldn't do that, YES the place that he WANTED to to all his life.

And they want to bitch about someone selling a trophy

Correction, it was multiple "golden pants pendants" that they sold. :)

...Mr. Newton did ALL of these things and got away with them SCOTT FREE.
Stole someones laptop, put his name on other peoples papers and got money from Auburn for him going there, remember Miss St wouldn't do that, YES the place that he WANTED to to all his life...
I think someone needs to investigate the NCAA for letting this slip by.

Sam,

Actually they're not ok. And he shouldn't have been allowed to play.
Doesn't make what Tressel did any better.

Hell, I was a lifelong Bulldogs fan (til I went to GT), as was my father. And both of us thought Dooley should have been fired during the Jan Kemp scandal (the University President was fired for that one). I also shed no tears when the Basketball coach was canned for he "Fundamentals of Basketball" joke class. Georgia got let off easy on that one because they themselves came down hard on themselves (fired the coach, voluntarily reduced scholarships, and withdrew from both the SEC & NCAA tournaments).

Why should Tressel be any different? He lied and signed false statements during an NCAA investigation. The NCAA is none to forgiving for that.
The self imposed "penalties Ohio St. are imposing are a joke, and the NCAA is sure to come down hard on them. Since Tressel knew the players were selling their stuff, the easiest Ohio St. will get is forfeiting any games after that email. Scholarship reductions and Bowl bans are sure to follow for the coverup.

So if I was a fan of the school, hell yeah I'd be pissed.

I think someone needs to investigate the NCAA for letting this slip by.
As soon as someone finds proof that Cam's dad recieved money for his playing, then that MNC win will probably be vacated and probation will follow (especially if the paying party was affiliated with Auburn).

Whoa, big fella. It's still WAY too early to say Auburn is in the clear, what with the snail's pace that NCAA investigations move. USC got dinged in 2010 for Reggie Bush's deeds dating back to 2004.

Know?

Well, we KNOW that Liat Tressell cheated, and then lied about it at Youngstown State.

Outlaw State hired the Liar.

Thrice, he was caught at Outlaw State. Most recently he LIED when he was caught cheating. Signed his LYING name to a FALSE document, because he is a LIAR, who LIES.

The only thing that will solve this problem is to let Outlaw State's legion of (mostly non-alumni) fans sit around and watch the grass grow as they serve their death penalty.

Jim Tressel: Liar.

Outaw State: Employer and enabler of liars.

Know?

Well, we KNOW that Liat Tressell cheated, and then lied about it at Youngstown State.

Outlaw State hired the Liar.

Thrice, he was caught at Outlaw State. Most recently he LIED when he was caught cheating. Signed his LYING name to a FALSE document, because he is a LIAR, who LIES.

The only thing that will solve this problem is to let Outlaw State's legion of (mostly non-alumni) fans sit around and watch the grass grow as they serve their death penalty.

Jim Tressel: Liar.

Outaw State: Employer and enabler of liars.

OK, it's easy enough to figure out you have something against OSU, thats fine.

YOU did not know ANYTHING about the situation at Youngstown State until it was brought up recently, had it not been you would never have known, also you NEVER knew who Jim Tressel was till he got here in Columbus either.

I understand you have it in for the Buckeyes, however, we never hear anything about YOUR team, hmmm wonder why that is ?

Nice offuscation.

Now back to Jim Tressell - Liar.

To be honest I most certainly knew what person JT was when he was cheating in I-AA at YSU. So did OSU. It thought, and so far is right to think, that the rules do not apply to it. So it hired him, knowing he was a cheat and would cheat.

The NCAA has always applied a two-part test in violations. Schools that are in the north, and which were good 40 years ago, do not have to follow the rules. Schools in the South, or which try to improve their status over previous generations do. The only exception was the media shameing the NCAA into action with USC, the first and so far only non-southern traditional power to ever get a serious penalty from the NCAA.

Now the question is simple. "Is OSU right in thinking it can cheat with impunity?" We will see.

But understand, nothing OSU has done in the JT era was acomplished under the rules.

Nice offuscation.

Now back to Jim Tressell - Liar.

To be honest I most certainly knew what person JT was when he was cheating in I-AA at YSU. So did OSU. It thought, and so far is right to think, that the rules do not apply to it. So it hired him, knowing he was a cheat and would cheat.

The NCAA has always applied a two-part test in violations. Schools that are in the north, and which were good 40 years ago, do not have to follow the rules. Schools in the South, or which try to improve their status over previous generations do. The only exception was the media shameing the NCAA into action with USC, the first and so far only non-southern traditional power to ever get a serious penalty from the NCAA.

Now the question is simple. "Is OSU right in thinking it can cheat with impunity?" We will see.

But understand, nothing OSU has done in the JT era was acomplished under the rules.

Sounds like something an uneducated fool would say.

"The south will rise again!"

"Damn northeners!"

OK Sam we get it already...you hate Tressel. Fine. You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I for one will not be responding to your posts, because you seem to be firmly entrenched in your beliefs. Good for you. If people put half the energy into their religion, or helping the needy, that you put into hating Jim Tressel, the world would be a better place.

You don't have to keep repeating yourself over and over again, however. You made your point. We get it. Thank you.

Sandra

OSU appeal for 5 games suspension denied...Tressel wants same punishment as the players...

"Tressel I spoke with Athletics Director [Gene] Smith, and our student-athletes involved, and told them that my mistakes need to share the same game sanctions. Like my players, I am very sorry for the mistakes I made."

-- Jim Tressel

Ohio State's Jim Tressel increases suspension to five games - ESPN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)