tOSU being investigated for tattoo-gate?

I have a question for all you guys.

WHY did the official findings come out NOW ?
They could have come out 6 weeks ago...
They could have come out BEFORE the season.
They could have come out AFTER the Bowl games.

It was just found out by the NCAA and OSU on December 7. The FBI notified OSU about finding the items during a probe of the Tattoo owner on December 7. It then took a few weeks to investigate the whole situation by OSU and the NCAA.

so in summary, If your are going to violate NCAA rules before a bowl game....go out and do it as a team! Thus lessoning the chances of being suspended for the bowl game for fear of the networks and other interested parties from loosing money. (or not making as much money from having a full "powered" team)

I have a question for all you guys.

WHY did the official findings come out NOW ?
They could have come out 6 weeks ago...
They could have come out BEFORE the season.
They could have come out AFTER the Bowl games.

Umm, because that is when they caught Outlaw State cheating, again.

It was just found out by the NCAA and OSU on December 7. The FBI notified OSU about finding the items during a probe of the Tattoo owner on December 7. It then took a few weeks to investigate the whole situation by OSU and the NCAA.

Sam,
For some reason you seem to think this happened recently...
This took place a year or so ago.

Umm, because that is when they caught Outlaw State cheating, again.
How about finding statistics on what school(s) have been caught "cheating" the most ? I can't find anything current... What I did find -- a top 25 list -- didn't have Ohio St on it. Another one went by BCS conference and the Big 10 was # 4, behind the SEC, Big 12, some other, and then the Big 10.

More proof that MONEY was the reason the players are allowed to play the Bowl game.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2010/12/29/players-sorry-sugar-bowl-isnt.html?sid=101

Great stuff from the article:

OSU officials, along with Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany, successfully lobbied the NCAA to reinstate the players for the Sugar Bowl.

Hoolahan said he was first told of the possible suspensions a few days after Ohio State learned of them on Dec. 7.

He said athletic director Gene Smith said to him that OSU was trying to push the suspensions back to the 2011 season, and Hoolahan then told Smith how strongly he felt about the players participating in the Sugar Bowl.

"I made the point that anything that could be done to preserve the integrity of this year's game, we would greatly appreciate it," Hoolahan said. "That appeal did not fall on deaf ears, and I'm extremely excited about it, that the Buckeyes are coming in at full strength and with no dilution."

Coach Jim Tressel still might levy additional penalties on the players, but according to several sources close to the team, they will not sit out the entire bowl game.

Hoolahan said preserving the matchup between No. 6 Ohio State and No. 8 Arkansas was very important to the Sugar Bowl, which has seen some poor games in recent years: Georgia crushing Hawaii 41-10 in 2008, Utah upsetting Alabama 31-17 in 2009 and Florida thrashing Cincinnati 51-24 last season.

Hoolahan said the Southeastern Conference, which has its tie-in with the Sugar Bowl, was eager to "display its wares against this type of opponent," referring to an intact OSU squad.

He said he was aware of the sentiment among many Buckeyes fans that the players should not be allowed to play.

"I appreciate and fully understand the Midwestern values and ethics behind that," he said. "But I'm probably thinking of this from a selfish perspective."

you cannot make this stuff up....LOL!

More proof that MONEY was the reason the players are allowed to play the Bowl game.
The players are only sorry they got caught... :) They should have given the pants, rings, etc to their parents and then their parents could have sold them "without them knowing". Then they claim the "Cam" defense, "I didn't know". :D

The players are only sorry they got caught... :) They should have given the pants, rings, etc to their parents and then their parents could have sold them "without them knowing". Then they claim the "Cam" defense, "I didn't know". :D

OR...the university should have held it for them somewhere... either way...it's a dumb ass rule especially when they gave this stuff to them.

EXACTLY! I think this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but that's a way around it now. Of course, it had not happened yet(Cam scandal), so they didn't know.

OR...the university should have held it for them somewhere... either way...it's a dumb ass rule especially when they gave this stuff to them.

Dumb ass rule is right.

On the one hand, I feel for the athlete-students on this, especially ones who's families don't have a lot of money. Sure, they have a "free ride" but as mentioned earlier, it doesn't pay for video games, beer, movies, etc, etc -- recreational stuff, so what are they to do ? On the other hand though, I've always asked how these kids pay for their tattoos. It's not like they have a single, small one that might cost $100-200. Terrelle Pryor has at least one arm completely done. I read a comment from a tattoo artist that that would cost almost $2000 in her shop. A lot of them have multiple tattoos... If Pryor "had" to sell a ring or pants or whatever "to help his family", how does he have the money for the tattoos ?

Didn't they trade some of this memorabilia to the shop for tattoos? Isn't that how this all started and got found out?

What was the FBI investigating the tattoo shop for in the first place when this was discovered? Anyone know?

On the one hand, I feel for the athlete-students on this, especially ones who's families don't have a lot of money. Sure, they have a "free ride" but as mentioned earlier, it doesn't pay for video games, beer, movies, etc, etc -- recreational stuff, so what are they to do ? On the other hand though, I've always asked how these kids pay for their tattoos. It's not like they have a single, small one that might cost $100-200. Terrelle Pryor has at least one arm completely done. I read a comment from a tattoo artist that that would cost almost $2000 in her shop. A lot of them have multiple tattoos... If Pryor "had" to sell a ring or pants or whatever "to help his family", how does he have the money for the tattoos ?

Didn't they trade some of this memorabilia to the shop for tattoos? Isn't that how this all started and got found out?

What was the FBI investigating the tattoo shop for in the first place when this was discovered? Anyone know?

Pryor must have had alot of stuff...