Transfer Recording From DVR To Computer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If I understand the OP, he has a recording on a Dish receiver that he wants to transfer to his computer... there are numerous ways to do this in SD and at least one poster suggested that it could be done in HD.

It is my belief that it can not be done in HD due to HDCP issues. Can someone identify a method using the HD outputs from a Dish receiover that will allow for input and recording on a PC in HD?

Yes, if you also check the Hauppage HD PVR, it uses the component outputs from the DVR to the device, then via USB to a PC to get an HD capture, without the need for HDMI (so, no HDCP issues).

Note a picture of the devices backside: http://www.hauppauge.com/pics/hdpvr_gaming_passthrough-b.jpg

I have the Hauppauge HD DVR and can honestly say it's one of the finest products I have ever purchased. I have captured hundreds of movies and shows, in HD, from my Dish DVR with this device. The quality is fantastic.

I have the Hauppauge HD DVR and can honestly say it's one of the finest products I have ever purchased. I have captured hundreds of movies and shows, in HD, from my Dish DVR with this device. The quality is fantastic.

It's true...the Hauppauge HD DVR product is quite good, but the I find it hard to believe the HD quality from your Dish Network DVR is "fantastic" since they have perhaps the worst PQ of any major pay TV provider. In this case, the Hauppauge DVR does a credible job delivering the ole adage, "Garbage in, garbage out." ;)

It's true...the Hauppauge HD DVR product is quite good, but the I find it hard to believe the HD quality from your Dish Network DVR is "fantastic" since they have perhaps the worst PQ of any major pay TV provider. In this case, the Hauppauge DVR does a credible job delivering the ole adage, "Garbage in, garbage out." ;)

Subjective, to him it looks great so get off his case. The difference in the PQ is very tiny so why do you want to rain on the parade? You haven't seen what the local cable system (Suddenlink) tries to pass off as HD.

Last edited:

My TV, the Pioneer Kuro Elite, makes EVERYTHING looks fantastic. ;) Even Hulu and Netflix streaming look great.

Delusional. :tsk:

I have been using two HD-PVRs for a year and a half now. (See my other post here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/258252-my-whole-house-pvr-solution-one.html)

I see no quality loss with them on my 1080p TV. Just to give you an idea - HBO officially distributes it's main feed to all the providers including Dish via an 8-mbit H.264 stream. The HD-PVR re-encodes the input into a 14-mbit H.264 stream. So you're really not loosing any quality except for the D/A->A/D conversion and re-compression which to my eyes with Dish content is not noticeable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts