TRAXIS DBS-3500 AC-3 audio FIXED

Status
Please reply by conversation.
upgraded!!!!!!

Well I finally got around to doing this upgrade-easier than falling off a horse. Or is that falling off a log? I havent had a serial cable connected in 2yrs or more, but my computer recognized the port, it turned out to be the right cable after all, and the traxis ate it up.
So far all the PBS stations are working, just checked Pentagon-Dolby-sounds good! Now to check some of these problematic c-band ac3 signals out.
This is a nice little receiver, I just wish it wouldn't lock up so easy on hd signals.
Oh yeah, the upgrade wipes out any channels you stored but does not wipe the satellite-list.

Well, there ya go.
Pretty easy, wasn't it?
You can be the poster boy for Traxis upgrades! :rolleyes:

Ivy still has the same price.
Would be good to hear all the negatives for that receiver, just to be complete.
Locking up on some feeds is not a good thing.
Anything else?

ITS BUGGY now

Me and my big mouth.
The ac-3 channels work pretty good, but after scanning G25 and G10ku, I find this software upgrade has apparently screwed up the channels with regular sound. I was only getting sound on half the 'free' channels on G25, some I had to wait 2-3 minutes for the sound to come on. Reboot, and it would come on.
Scanned G10 and found that channel up or downing would cause the sound to disappear on the 3rd channel , almost every time. In order to get the silent channel's sound to return, I have to either go past it by one channel, or channel-down below it one channel, then return to that silent channel, which then has sound. But , go up or down 2 channels again, and no sound.
No longer than I've used this traxis, I've already found a lot I don't care for.
Like the box automatically storing everything it finds on a scan, whether you want it or not. Then you have to go back thru deleting. And hitting a HD channel or HD wildfeed will lock it up fast, requiring reboot. But it does scan fast, and finds lots of feeds.

Thanks for the update.
Now I certainly won't be ordering any.
Darned sure I won't be steering anybody else toward 'em, either.

...at least hacker-friendly boxes get occasional firmware updates... - :D

Thanks for the update.
Now I certainly won't be ordering any.
Darned sure I won't be steering anybody else toward 'em, either.

...at least hacker-friendly boxes get occasional firmware updates... - :D

I tried one, my Green Friend, and I didn't like it either. Don't feel like the Lone Stranger. :D

It was a good price, Nole! I'm not sorry I went for it, I suppose just as long as you remember to set the scan to only "free" instead of 'all'channels, it would save lots of deleting useless finds. Kind of hard to get around the lockup issue though when you blind-scan as much as I do. The scan-step doesn't seem to be adjustable, and since the scan-page doesnt really count accurately as it scans, hard to tell what this traxis actually is set on. On my Ultra, the minimum 'step' is 5, and adjusts all the way up to 15 or 16. But tends to miss a channel once in a while as it scans faster. I've had mine always on 5 but changed it to 7 a couple of days ago, and it now seems to go nearly as fast as the Traxis. Have to run some side-by side scans and see how they compare . The ultra misses ONN half the time, and has never picked up that gospel channel on AMC6ku, traxis finds both of them so far.

We have a signal!

A little side note about this Traxis, haven't experienced the weird missing audio problem on c-band tonite. About it's sensitivity: My c-band 10' is off the beam on AMC7, it seems, trying to lock the hockey feed there tonite, the Viewsat Ultra couldn't lock on the c-band digital signal, was only showing 24% quality/ 74 signal. No amount of skew adjustment or motor tweaking on my analog box could get it better. Hooked up the traxis 3500, it locked immediately, showing 76signal/54 quality, hmmmm . Seems the 70dollar rec has a better sensitivity than the 200dollar one! Gotta tweak the tracking on the big dish between games tomorrow.

just like my girlfriend...?

...so, you're saying: she may be ugly...

... but she sure can cook! - :up - :hungry:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)