True South C Band Satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Conway, measurements are great but don't always produce real world results lol. I figured out in 2008 when I set my 8 footer up to adjust focal point until I got a signal on a strong transponder. I then went for something weaker and tweaked that one. I can adjust the elevation nut on mine 1/2 a turn and loose everything lol. The fun begins when a strong wind blows in January and you're outside freezing, trying to adjust the dish.

Reactions: KE4EST
thanks for the info.. I still think I have some aligning to do because on 127 I only get about 30 percent quality on Reelz and Bloomberg.. so on a 10ft mesh what kind of quality should I see?.. On Axs tv I get 100 percent quality.. I haven't found abc cbs or nbc or fox yet.. still looking for me tv as well.

Conway, measurements are great but don't always produce real world results lol. I figured out in 2008 when I set my 8 footer up to adjust focal point until I got a signal on a strong transponder. I then went for something weaker and tweaked that one. I can adjust the elevation nut on mine 1/2 a turn and loose everything lol. The fun begins when a strong wind blows in January and you're outside freezing, trying to adjust the dish.

Too true. There are a couple problem channels on my Ku-band dish, and it's such a fine line between a good signal and nada. Strong winds can make my 90cm dish wobble just enough to lose some of the weaker channels. Still, almost 300 channels with no subscription is pretty nice.

Reactions: Blindowl1234
i think I need to adjust my azimuth a little. yes you can move the dish a mm or 2 and loose everything.. very hard to make tiny movements.

That is the nature of frequencies this high and satellite work. You are taking an antenna around an inch long and trying to hit one the same ~22,500 miles away.
This is why most of the time the bigger the dish the better, one needs all the help they can get. :)

Hey guys.. good news.. finished my alignment today.. I am getting everything for 78w to 135w.. strong signals even ok signals on the fec 5/6 the network feeds with a 30000 symbol rate and fec 5/6 I'm getting around 30 to 4 on snr.. all others 75 percent and above on snr.. and oh yes Me TV.. 45 on Snr.. finally. and even KU is working great. 125w for example.. PBS 100 percent SNR. and other ku is just as good. wow what a task.. but I am glad I learned something during this escapade.. atleast now I know how to line one up in a short time now if I ever have to do It again

Thanks!! so what kind of results are you guys getting with yours? I have a 10ft prime focus mesh dish.. I have lots of tall trees around our property.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts