Two new hd channels on directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was sure glad to read this because OAN was one of my favorite channels when I had Uverse. However, when I tried 347 it was non existent. Hope the news is true. Also 387 is not there.

Last edited:
Reactions: edisonprime
Never heard of either. Wikipedia makes the news channel sound like another version of Newsmax. The other one seems to be infomercials for get rich quick schemes. Assume DirecTV is being paid to carry both.

the channels are in testing right now thats why they have not shown up they just went up yesterday :)

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I am happy for people wanting one or both programmers.

But, I am going to admit that I am not thrilled. It has to do with AT&T, which acquired DirecTV in 2015, not bringing in the high definition of a lot of programmers that are available in the format on U-verse.

I am thinking of more well-recognized programmers like American Heroes Channel HD, Discovery Family HD, FX Movie Channel HD, Great American Country HD, Home Shopping Network HD, Nicktoons HD, Outdoor Channel HD, Pop HD, Sprout HD, Sportsman Channel HD, TV One HD, UP HD.

I am disappointed.

I was sure glad to read this because OAN was one of my favorite channels when I had Uverse. However, when I tried 347 it was non existent. Hope the news is true. Also 387 is not there.

Pretty soon I can cancel KlowdTV subscription and watch OANN on DIRECTV! One less bill for me!

Reactions: mrsdrgn
Yea DirecTV needs to seriously launch some new HD channels from well recognized programmers. I was hoping to see Epix HD. Both channels up in testing are nothing to write home about. To me they are a waste.

Actually OANN is the most objective news source in my opinion.

Reactions: Jillian2
Yea DirecTV needs to seriously launch some new HD channels from well recognized programmers. I was hoping to see Epix HD. Both channels up in testing are nothing to write home about. To me they are a waste.
To me EPIX is a waste. These are both great channels. Especially One America News. Better than any other news network. AWE is just as good as HGTV.

Is anyone seeing 347 or 387? I keep checking but it always says Channel Not Available. I have the Choice package.
Give me AHC and FXMovies and I'd be happy.
the channels 347 and 387 are in testing right now thats why they have not shown up they just went up Tuesday or Wednesday and takes a week or 2 before they are turned on hope they are in HD and and hope they get EPIX and Fox Movie Channel in HD plus American Heroes Channel HD, Discovery Family HD, Great American Country HD, Nicktoons HD, Outdoor Channel HD, Pop HD, Sprout HD, Sportsman Channel HD. :)

Reactions: DS0816
two new hd channels now up in testing on directv right now
one amercia news network "OAN" channel 347 and A wealth of entertainment "AWE" channel 387..i just want to let you folks know about it :)
the channels are in testing right now thats why they have not shown up they just went up yesterday :)
Thanks for updates ?

To me EPIX is a waste. These are both great channels. Especially One America News. Better than any other news network. AWE is just as good as HGTV.

AT&T has Epix on U-verse. So much of the HD which have added, since the FCC approved AT&T’s purchase of DirecTV during the summer of 2015, have been programming which was on U-verse but not DirecTV. These upcoming two are the latest. But, still, DirecTV subscribers will not get Epix. I wonder why that is. Could it be that AT&T has no intention of bringing in Epix to DirecTV because of business reasons? (That it wants to officially kill off U-verse.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AT&T has Epix on U-verse. So much of the HD which have added, since the FCC approved AT&T’s purchase of DirecTV during the summer of 2015, have been programming which was on U-verse but not DirecTV. These upcoming two are the latest. But, still, DirecTV subscribers will not get Epix. I wonder why that is. Could it be that AT&T has no intention of bringing in Epix to DirecTV because of business reasons? (That it wants to officially kill off U-verse.)

I agree and wonder same thing they should be adding more of the channels that AT&T U-Verse had Directv didn't have I can understand Contract situations but this is getting ridiculous especially everyone other provide if not most has FXM or EPIX and we don't is crazy imo

I agree and wonder same thing they should be adding more of the channels that AT&T U-Verse had Directv didn't have I can understand Contract situations but this is getting ridiculous especially everyone other provide if not most has FXM or EPIX and we don't is crazy imo

Well…

No Epix at all on DirecTV.

FX Movie Channel (formerly Fox Movie Channel) is in HD on U-verse but not in that format on DirecTV.

i bet one of the reasons why U-verse has not shut down yet is cause AT&T are still honoring old contracts that are set to expire soon or within the next few months.

another reason would be to avoid lawsuits with content providers over the shutting down of U-Verse and moving the remainer of a contract over DirecTV. they would have to renegotate deals to get that approved. and the last reason is it takes time to migrate current U-Verse customers to either the old traditional satellite version of DirecTVor the new internet streaming service DirecTV Now to keep them as AT&T paid TV customers.

Sent from my RCT6873W42M using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)