Two new hd channels on directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
One thing we are forgetting is DTV Now doesn't have a DVR yet. I know I said earlier that maybe AT&T thought it would cost more to merge the two platforms and just shift UVerseTV customers over to DTV. However, what if it would have been easier to merge the platforms and just have UVerseTV become DTV over IPTV and not DTV Now. Would it have not cost that much just to make the UVerseTV boxes run DTV?

Reactions: larry55
347& 387 come on line this morning. OAN news not bad.

Well to be fair, OAN can get a little boring, but it's the most objective. With the the exception of two shows, "The Daily Ledger" and "The Tipping Point", they just only report the news, and not insert their own opinions.

Reactions: mrsdrgn
Well to be fair, OAN can get a little boring, but it's the most objective. With the the exception of two shows, "The Daily Ledger" and "The Tipping Point", they just only report the news, and not insert their own opinions.
I was surprised watching it today. You hear that it's "right wing" or conservative but, at least during the daytime news hours, it's more like what cnn headline news was.

Well…

No Epix at all on DirecTV.

FX Movie Channel (formerly Fox Movie Channel) is in HD on U-verse but not in that format on DirecTV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just seeking a confirmation. FXM (now only a subscription channel in Standard Definition on Directv) exists elsewhere in HD?

Just seeking a confirmation. FXM (now only a subscription channel in Standard Definition on Directv) exists elsewhere in HD?

Here…

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FX_Movie_Channel

IMG_2680.JPG

IMG_2681.JPG

thats fake wiki news. 248 is where the HD feed of FX is. Totally different channel.

Okay back to square one I guess. I checked it out on the Schedules Direct website, whose services I also use. Yes it is two different channels. FX and FXM. Wikipedia is wrong again, and this time it isn't even a social issues or political thing. :biggrin

According to Schedules Direct, which ISN'T open to public interpretation, 248 is FX (SD or HD) and 258 is FXM (SD only). Bah humbug...

Reactions: reddice
thats fake wiki news. 248 is where the HD feed of FX is. Totally different channel.

That was a mistake that Wikipedia.org has not corrected. 258 is FX Movie Channel, carried only in SD, and 248 is FX, both SD and HD.

AT&T U-verse carries both SD and HD of FX Movie Channel. That information is correct.

If you can come up with a zip code estimate, go to Zap2It.com to generate a channel lineup (listing of programming and what is on) of Verizon FiOS.

I live in the Detroit are of Michigan. Bright House, which is now Charter, has FX Movie Channel in both SD and HD.

IMG_2683.JPG

IMG_2684.JPG

That was a mistake that Wikipedia.org has not corrected. 258 is FX Movie Channel, carried only in SD, and 248 is FX, both SD and HD.

AT&T U-verse carries both SD and HD of FX Movie Channel. That information is correct.

If you can come up with a zip code estimate, go to Zap2It.com to generate a channel lineup (listing of programming and what is on) of Verizon FiOS.

I live in the Detroit are of Michigan. Bright House, which is now Charter, has FX Movie Channel in both SD and HD.

View attachment 125522

View attachment 125523

I can confirm that FXM does have an HD feed as I was watching it the other night on YouTube TV.

Just found these this morning in my search for Boxing. AWE has had overseas boxing a number of times the past few years. glad to have this channel. this week

Saturday 15 April 2017 2:30pm et
The SSE Hydro, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Ricky Burns vs. Julius Indongo
for these titles
IBF World super lightweight title
IBO World super lightweight title
WBA World super lightweight title

I have really been enjoying OAN and AWE. Been missing OAN since I ditched Uverse for DTV.

Like I said, I prefer watching it on my Roku Ultra for the the sake of watching it in upscaled 4K, even if it's not true 4K. Another reason I'm keeping my KlowdTV subscription is that I prefer to use their on-demand for previous content over a DVR. The KlowdTV app also has on-demand for Newsmax for all its shows rather than just some of them like the Newsmax app does. Although KlowdTV has an app for TheBlaze I'd rather keep my TheBlaze subscription and use its app, for I prefer its format for that channel, even if it does expensive with all that.

Like I said, I prefer watching it on my Roku Ultra for the the sake of watching it in upscaled 4K, even if it's not true 4K. Another reason I'm keeping my KlowdTV subscription is that I prefer to use their on-demand for previous content over a DVR. The KlowdTV app also has on-demand for Newsmax for all its shows rather than just some of them like the Newsmax app does. Although KlowdTV has an app for TheBlaze I'd rather keep my TheBlaze subscription and use its app, for I prefer its format for that channel, even if it does expensive with all that.

Is watching it in HD on a 4K set not upscaled 4K? Like on Directv.

Is watching it in HD on a 4K set not upscaled 4K? Like on Directv.

Nope, I can only watch it on DIRECTV in either 720p or 1080i. I could upscale 1080p content with my AVR when I watch on-demand on DIRECTV, but that's about it. I can't speak for other people's setups but that's how mine works.

Nope, I can only watch it on DIRECTV in either 720p or 1080i. I could upscale 1080p content with my AVR when I watch on-demand on DIRECTV, but that's about it. I can't speak for other people's setups but that's how mine works.

I am sure OAN doesn't have a 4K studio, so I am sure you're xtill watching 720p or 1080i. There's no difference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)