Two new hd channels on directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I like better the way AON presents the news as compare to CNN or Fox News. AWE has some interesting programs.

Haven't tried it but did give BBC World News a try and its no different than the other left leaning MSM news organizations but does cover world news better with a left slant. Fox leans far right the rest far left with no middle ground news organization. I've heard CNN is trying to get back in the middle as it was in the 90's but have my doubts being its went so far left.

I am sure OAN doesn't have a 4K studio, so I am sure you're xtill watching 720p or 1080i. There's no difference.

There's a simple way to know the resolution on your TV. Press "display" on your TV's remote control. I also know it's upscaled 4K due to the fact that the simulated 3D mode on my TV won't work when watching 4K content, and the only way the simulated 3D will work is if I downscale the picture to 1080p or lower.

Last edited:
Haven't tried it but did give BBC World News a try and its no different than the other left leaning MSM news organizations but does cover world news better with a left slant. Fox leans far right the rest far left with no middle ground news organization. I've heard CNN is trying to get back in the middle as it was in the 90's but have my doubts being its went so far left.
What I like is that they show the events and what was said, then is up for the viewer to make up their own mind about it.

What I like is that they show the events and what was said, then is up for the viewer to make up their own mind about it.
What a concept hea? LOL....
I find it perverse how people just repeat what they hear from there sources....
I do not need reinforcement to my opinions, because my opinions are formed from history and facts....
I hope they succeed, as getting all TV news from 5 corporate companies helps no one except there bottom line!

What a concept hea? LOL....
I find it perverse how people just repeat what they hear from there sources....
I do not need reinforcement to my opinions, because my opinions are formed from history and facts....
I hope they succeed, as getting all TV news from 5 corporate companies helps no one except there bottom line!
Isn't the bottom line all they care about anyways?

Interesting, I'm still getting 387, but not 347. I have Choice Xtra Classic. What package do you have Marcingak?

Reactions: Marcingak
Isn't the bottom line all they care about anyways?

I would say its a bit deeper than that......When Congress decide to let these internet company's sell ALL our information legally for money...and pass a law that it was ok to sell OUR privacy...

Not one network news companies covered it.....and why?.....Because its in there own best self interest to not tell us what they want to do with OUR information....( and yes make even more money off us)

I personally think there would of been a huge blow back.....but dont cover it most are in the dark!

Next on the docket is Netneutrality.....Wont get covered and if it does it will be short and sweet, and uninformative!
The masses will have no clue what was done under there noses.....

There's a simple way to know the resolution on your TV. Press "display" on your TV's remote control. I also know it's upscaled 4K due to the fact that the simulated 3D mode on my TV won't work when watching 4K content, and the only way the simulated 3D will work is if I downscale the picture to 1080p or lower.

That is irrelevant. It's upscaled 4K either way you look at it.

Then why on my DIRECTV when I press "display" does it say 720p? 4K TVs can play at different resolutions you know. They can play at 2160p HDR (if your 4K TV has that capability), 2160p SDR, 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i. Just like 1080p TVs can do 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i. It all depends on the source and if it upscales or not. My AVR itself can upscale 1080p to 4K on any device, but not any lower resolution, as long as that setting is on. It really depends on the device's capabilities.

Well with my TiVo Roamio I can uncheck all resolutions except 1080p so I can watch off the device's highest capable resolution even if it's just upscaled for my antenna. I would assume the TiVo Bolt (which I don't own quite yet but planning) would let you just select 4K. My DirecTV device doesn't let you do that, hence I have 720p, 1080p, and 4K checked and 1080i unselected for my C61K so everything is progressive scanned. On my main Genie I have 720p, and 1080p checked, and 480p and 1080i are unselected, and my AVR won't allow 480i pass-through. So I guess you could say, my Genie would upscale automatically 480i to 480p without checking anything off, but that is the exception.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)