U206 fixes found

Strange.... That's how it worked (it was broken) in the previous version (U204 ?). You couldn't make or save any changes. With U206, it changed though as I was able to add 1-2 sub-channels.

Since there are very few comments lately, I would hope that most bugs are fixed and Dish is ready to release the CUI!

Since there are very few comments lately, I would hope that most bugs are fixed and Dish is ready to release the CUI!
No , there is just no point and repeating the same thing 6 times when I've already done it 5.

Still have some corrupt recordings, not as many but still present, Guide still screwy with the RSNs.
And my latest is FF issues on playback.
The progress meter doesn't actually reflect where you Currently are on playback and FF or RR.
It would say 14 minutes left, and as soon as you go to play it, it's at the end and try and rewind and same thing it just back way further then stated.
It seems 30 second skip is the best method of a solution at this time.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Pre-Carbon UI, if you pressed, for example, the rewind button (4) times, did it go from 15x, 60x, 300x, then 15x ? Or did it stay on the highest value ?

Or to the contrary. This thread is about what people have found to be fixed and there's not a lot of comments...

Right. I'd be happy to post some fixes here if I found them. My experience is that U206 is pretty much the same as U204.

Re-ordering timers still moves the wrong timers.
Unable to record the new show in the guide if the guide data has changed where there used to be a timer.
Unable to unpair mobile devices that I no longer own.
On Demand for premium channels still list FREE but then when trying to download, it says I need to subscribe without telling what channel to subscribe to...

Yes, most importantly...
Yes to all. I currently have 22 OTA channels. When I run a new scan it finds 23. After the scan, all 23 are selected, but it says 45/23 channels selected for some reason. If I unselect all and reselect all, it then shows 23 selected. I hit save, it asks if I'm sure. I say yes, and only 22 show in the guide. If I go back to the channel scan screen, it continues to show 23 channels selected until the nightly reboot, when it goes back to 22.

This is how it worked (for me) on previous versions of the new interface. With U206, it got, I thought, fixed as I was able to add a couple of new sub-channels.

Can you remove channels ? It seemed that the feature all worked fine except the final "save" step (previously).

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Has anyone else noticed an issue where you are in the guide and you click the record button to record a show that comes on later, then you select it and do an "Edit Timer" because you want to extend the time or make other changes and it opens the wrong timer to edit? The only solution I found is to exit the program guide, re-open it and then find that program in the guide and select it and choose "Edit Timer" it then opens the correct timer to edit. Obviously I could do it through the timer recordings also. Just a weird bug I suppose.

And I still have to have my Hoppers isolated (even on Moca) or they will constantly move content from one Hopper to the other!

I am posting, down below, an email I sent to a Dish technical representative who had contacted me a couple months ago after I received an H3 to replace previous HWS units that failed one after the other. He said he could be my contact if any future problems arise.

Well, they have risen and I emailed him last week with the message down below. But I have had NO response from him at all. Perhaps he no longer works for Dish, or has moved onto a different assignment. I won't use his last name.

I'm posting this message in hopes that someone else from Dish might be able to read my entire message and let me know if my request (at the end of the message) is possible.

Last week's email is pasted below:

Hi Dan,

I have been having horrible problems with my DVR service and am just about at the end of my patience. There have been numerous technical issues with my new Hopper 3 -- but the concern of this email involves the Joey that is connected to the H3. If you recall, my system consists of one H3 and one regular Joey. Both are in the same room as I use the H3 to watch my main TV with the Joey connected to a secondary TV next to the main TV. This allows me to have two things on at the same time.

But the Joey is providing unacceptable performance and I'm on the verge of leaving Dish for Xfinity or DirecTV after all the problems I've had with Dish equipment over the past 15 months -- this H3 is my 5th Hopper because all the HWS before this one have been faulty. The only thing keeping me with Dish is that I have over 300 movies recorded on my EHD, which cannot be played with non-Dish equipment. I don't want to sacrifice all of those movies, so I'm kind of stuck.

The Joey constantly malfunctions when I try to use its DVR functions. Tonight has been the worst of all. I've continuously tried to use the 10 second jumpback feature -- but it freezes the picture every time. When this happens, the only thing I can do is either reboot the system or change channels to break it free from the frozen picture. Otherwise it'll stay that way for hours.

The problem is that these DVR malfunctions have happened with EVERY Joey I've ever had. I've had 3-4 Joeys over the past 15 months and they all have the same technical issues. They simply are not reliable.

The H3 performance is rather poor also. I could give you a list of technical issues, but that would be deviating from the main reason for this email -- the malfunctioning DVR functions of the Joey.

Having a replacement Joey sent will do no good because all the Joeys have the same problems.

The only thing I can think of is to replace this Joey with a second H3 to use with my second TV. Under the circumstances, can such a thing be done at the same monthly cost as the Joey? I'm not sure if this is even technically possible, but I thought I'd contact you and find out.

Thanks much,
Chuck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)