UHF remote with 211z receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jimberkas

Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
minnesota
I recently was updated to 211z receiver and it comes with IR remote. I want to store the receiver away from the TV but that won't work with the IR remote. I read somewhere that the 211z receiver is incompatible with UHF remote. I chatted with Dish and they told me that wasn't true, that I just need to buy a UHF remote and it will work.
Before I go and buy a UHF remote, can anyone confirm or deny that this will work on my 211z receiver?

if not, any suggestions on how to control the 211z from a different room?

I recently was updated to 211z receiver and it comes with IR remote. I want to store the receiver away from the TV but that won't work with the IR remote. I read somewhere that the 211z receiver is incompatible with UHF remote. I chatted with Dish and they told me that wasn't true, that I just need to buy a UHF remote and it will work.
Before I go and buy a UHF remote, can anyone confirm or deny that this will work on my 211z receiver?

if not, any suggestions on how to control the 211z from a different room?
Did you find a UHF antenna jack on the back of your 211Z? You need to make a few more calls to DISH.

You do have alternatives a remote IR sender or there are UHF to IR adapters one of the best I have found is by Nextgen. You replace a battery in your IR remote with their adapter.

No link. Waste you money if you must.
site wouldn't let me post a link. it was a legitimate question, I think. i got the impression that the dish kit was the best solution, just no longer available.
just looking for the best solution at a reasonable price.
purchased the nextgen...
I appreciate your feedback

The dish kit is for older SD receivers(it should work on the 211 just fine) but I would go with something newer if possible, especially for the upgraded equipment. I'm trying to remember the dish kit, and I think it requires a 10.1 remote but I could be incorrect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)