Under the Dome

More episodes? I can't see that happening if they follow the book... I'm amazed they can get 13 out of it. It really was basically ripped off from an episode of "The Twilight Zone".

I won't spoil it to lay it out, and I will be watching just to see how they handle it all.

More episodes? I can't see that happening if they follow the book... I'm amazed they can get 13 out of it. It really was basically ripped off from an episode of "The Twilight Zone".

I won't spoil it to lay it out, and I will be watching just to see how they handle it all.
If it stays completely faithful to the book, then yeah 13 episodes would be pushing it. But some changes (espcially with the later 3rd of the book) could easily turn it into a longer series.

I put it in the Timers at the beginning of June, knowing that the guide only goes 14 days, however it did pick it up when the date got close enough ...
I was not sure if you could do it that way with it not showing in the guide at the time, but now I know you can !

[h=5]Looking at the upcoming series "Under the Dome", I was reminded of a TERRIBLE movie I saw in the late 70s/early 80s which dealt with a group of people trapped in a city under a dome. No one knew where it came from, who did it, or why it was done. At the end of the movie, the dome disappeared an no one knew why, "the end". It was awful, but I am pretty sure it was referenced in the Simpsons movie in several jokes. Does anyone know the name of this movie? I know it existed because I actually saw it in the theater, and it was the only movie I have ever seen in the theater where the audience actually booed the movie at the end. It was that bad. I Anyone remember the title? Or at least remember the movie? IMDB has been no help. No, it was not a Twilight Zone or Outer Limits or Night Gallery, or Amazing Stories episode. It was a theatrical movie.[/h]

It may have been a remake of "The Bubble"/"Fantastic Invasion of Earth", but I saw this turd as a late teen/young adult in a first-run theater, so a 1966 release would make me 5 years old. Wrong decade. Thanks, though. Also, I have never been able to sit through a 3D movie. Even as a kid with the blue and red glasses, 3D did nothing but give me a headache within minutes and I never saw the 3D effect.

This show reminds me of an NBC show from a few summers ago called Persons Unknown. It was quite good so hopefully this is as well.

It may have been a remake of "The Bubble"/"Fantastic Invasion of Earth", but I saw this turd as a late teen/young adult in a first-run theater, so a 1966 release would make me 5 years old. Wrong decade. Thanks, though. Also, I have never been able to sit through a 3D movie. Even as a kid with the blue and red glasses, 3D did nothing but give me a headache within minutes and I never saw the 3D effect.

A large percentage of people have difficulty with any type of 3D viewing ... your not alone.
Even with the New stuff out there recently.

It's all how you see thru your eyes.

There is a cool show on Nat Geo that JUST went over 3D stuff called "Brain Games", very interesting shows, I was flipping thru channels on night and saw a commercial for it coming up and decided to Record it, I'm glad I did, its quite fun.

That's it! I thought I was going nuts, as I read "Under the Dome", and I kept having flash-backs and thinking: "I've already seen this, or read this in the late '70's!" It wasn't 3D when saw it. I just couldn't find it, or remember the name. If only I had remembered it had Michael Cole in it, I could have found it through his filmography.

Here's the trailer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)