Under the Dome

Based on what rocky has stated the show doesn't mesh with the book as tightly as it could, but I'm still interested in reading the book.

Most TV shows/movies don't follow the books they are based on 100% so this is understandable.

IF you gave up on his stuff but liked his earler stuff you might want to try some of the more recent stuff again. The Dome and CELL are two that I really feel have the flavor of earlier stuff that I really loved.

I haven't read it, either. I gave up on his books a long time ago. Still interested in the show.

S~

It is a weird balancing act. If they are just going to do 13 episodes they could probably do an average sized novel very well. If they go beyond 13 episodes they will have to invent a lot of new things to have plots.

Caught it on demand last night. Certainly not the best tv ive ever seen, but not bad. Ill watch it this summer.

I missed the days of the "mini-series" and "CBS Sunday Night Movie" from the 80s and early 90s. Comparing to other SK mini-Series (The Stand, Salem's Lot, Rose Red, Storm of the Century), Dome is on par w/ them.

I enjoyed the first episode...the cow scene I could have done without. Am going to wait and watch all 13 epidoses back to back in the fall.

Cheers, K

I have been waiting to watch this since I saw a promo several months ago. I would have completely missed the premier if it wasn't for prime time any time though. For whatever reason, I didn't see any of the promos saying it was starting until after the first episode had aired. Luckily PTAT recorded it for me so I could watch it and save the rest of the season going forward.

To the best of my knowledge, the show has been promoted as Stephen King's Under the Dome... King has selling power.
We'd seen the promotions leading up to it and even my 11-year daughter was looking forward to it. I thought it would be worth checking out too... I know they mention Stephen King but that added no value to me (in fact, it maybe hurt it .... when I hear his name, I just think of "It" with that clown looking out of the sewer !!).

AND because it's SK.
Fair enough.... My point was, King's name wasn't NOT the sole reason or maybe not even the primary reason, IMO. It's all about promotion and if it's a ratings flop, watch how quickly the network it's on will cut or stop promoting it. Granted, it seems that they're in for 13 episodes so they've got a good bit of $$$ invested already so they may keep it up.

Fair enough.... My point was, King's name wasn't NOT the sole reason or maybe not even the primary reason, IMO. It's all about promotion and if it's a ratings flop, watch how quickly the network it's on will cut or stop promoting it. Granted, it seems that they're in for 13 episodes so they've got a good bit of $$$ invested already so they may keep it up.

I'm ambivalent when it comes to Stephen King, but a big reason I started watching the show (besides there being little else on right now) is the fact that it was CBS. Though I don't watch any of their CSI/NCIS/serial killer of the week shows, I do know CBS is THE leading broadcast network right now. If this show had been on Syfy or Fx, I probably would've ignored it.

With that said, I enjoyed the first episode and am glad it's not the paranormal horror stuff I normally associate with SK (just generally not a fan of it).

I'm ambivalent when it comes to Stephen King, but a big reason I started watching the show (besides there being little else on right now) is the fact that it was CBS. Though I don't watch any of their CSI/NCIS/serial killer of the week shows, I do know CBS is THE leading broadcast network right now. If this show had been on Syfy or Fx, I probably would've ignored it.

With that said, I enjoyed the first episode and am glad it's not the paranormal horror stuff I normally associate with SK (just generally not a fan of it).

Easy now zookster,don't be throwing FX in the same category as syfy!:D Fx has some quality programming.

I have been waiting to watch this since I saw a promo several months ago. I would have completely missed the premier if it wasn't for prime time any time though. For whatever reason, I didn't see any of the promos saying it was starting until after the first episode had aired. Luckily PTAT recorded it for me so I could watch it and save the rest of the season going forward.

You must not have been in this thread either then because we've been talking about the Season Premiere all along as far as when its starting.

Last edited:

The shows you mentioned on CBS are the reason the ARE #1 ...

You must not have been in this tread either then because we've been talking about the Season Premiere all along as far as when its starting.

Nope. I kind of forgot about it until after the premier. I'm here now though.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts