Under the Dome

Especailly since it would be so easy to do, just setup a fiberoptic connection (light seems to pass through easy enough).

Still curious how water can seep through, but no sound.

I can't remember from the episodes if they have internet, but they did in the book. Its just a bit strange the choices that were made, and hard to separate them from a book I've read twice.

A pretty solid episode last night. Now, with his head in her lap, Angie needs to snap Junior's neck! :D

A pretty solid episode last night. Now, with his head in her lap, Angie needs to snap Junior's neck! :D

I rewally think shes going to reach for his gun sitting on the table ...

For awhile there, I thought that Junior was going to kill himself or Angie.
Still may, but not this week !

Angie didn't last long in the book, maybe she'll last longer in the show, I hope so, I actually like her.
Also the two kids that have the seizures are interesting.

I think now, Barbie is somewhat cleared from killing the reporters husband (his name is Peter, why can't I remember her name week to week ?), she thinks he left her because of the gambling debts.

Thats kinda good, these too are at least level headed, as far as you can be in a dome.

The fact that the rest of the world is Gone, was kinda a shock and the dome and city behind it is fine !

Big Jim,may not be big,but he sure has a big,mean,nasty,attitude.

The fact that the rest of the world is Gone, was kinda a shock and the dome and city behind it is fine !

I don't think the rest of the world is gone.

I think now, Barbie is somewhat cleared from killing the reporters husband (his name is Peter, why can't I remember her name week to week ?), she thinks he left her because of the gambling debts.

Thats kinda good, these too are at least level headed, as far as you can be in a dome.

I'm starting to like the show more now with this episode (I was ready to dump it two weeks ago), but as is typical in made-for-the-masses TV, it was way too predicable that the people inside the dome would be completely safe from the blast, especially when several main characters were still shown to be topside at 1:15. Big Rennie's action against the preacher was unexpected (at least in that moment) and redeemed it a bit for me.

Interesting we have gone five episodes with no attempt to communicate with the outside world.
Aren't those 5 episodes about 72 hours in the town's time?

As a long-time Star Trek fan, I can come up with 77 plausible explanations as to why FiberOptic would be neutralized, and why water and can seep through, but not sound. But the easiest explanation is.... It's unexplained advanced technology and no one knows why.

I fall back on Hitchcock's MacGuffin

Well we now know that communication is quite possible. The problem with fiber optic is that the lines would have been cut by the dome. The other problem is that there appears to be only one engineer (the gal at the radio station) that is working on the communication problem. If they had the resources they could set up 2 way laser beam communications, but I do not see that happening.

Aren't those 5 episodes about 72 hours in the town's time?

As a long-time Star Trek fan, I can come up with 77 plausible explanations as to why FiberOptic would be neutralized, and why water and can seep through, but not sound. But the easiest explanation is.... It's unexplained advanced technology and no one knows why.

I fall back on Hitchcock's MacGuffin

Perhaps... but it is also apparent, watching this week's episode, that we are watching an alternative universe of King's story. :)

And in that universe, I find it interesting that folks are just sitting around the restaurant, and not freaking out or trying everything they can to determine what is going on/what is causing the dome in the first place. It is just strange.

Yeah, I'd be freaked out. And wow, talk about an alternative universe! (Just finished the episode), I need to look to see if King has done any interviews about how they changed his story, and why he allowed them to. Yet, I am enjoying it in a strange way - almost like with the new trek. I hate what JJ did to trek, but I still watch it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts