Upgrade To Mpeg4

If you have a 942/921 and wait until april, you get it for $299, and a $200 rebate goes your way, making it $99 for a vip622. Don't know if anything changes for a vip211. Some are saying that CSR's (more than one) have told them you don't really need a 942 or a 921 in oreder to get the $200 rebate. That seems unreasonable to me however.

Oh OK, this is much better, but still I think these guys should be willing to switch even money for customers under a year or so. There is no way I'm paying $300 less than a year later since paying the same for the 942. I watch tons more OTA HD anyway, such a rip off, the whole cable/satellite situation right now with new technology. If it is not a bargain, I'm sitting until it is, if we pay these ridiculous fees, they'll keep doing it, PLEASE DON'T let them crap all over us. I dropped VOOM channels as soon as they went compressed, and I just told my CSR to take a hike on the upgrade.

My Linux DVR is ten times better anyway. Now, if I could talk to their MPEG4, that would be different. Can I upload my own MPEG4 movies, NO! What a waste of money, the more I ramble, the more I want to grab a BIG STICK and beat myself senseless :confused:

Last edited:
Don't forget, the $299 price is a lease fee. Want to buy the unit? $799. With the 622 lease you will add around another $70/year in leasing fees. ...and don’t have a land line or you do not have a phone line near your 622, pay another $6 fee per month. Ridiculous. I heard Charley say that he will ‘take care of his customers’. Yep, he said that.

What channel is UFC 57 coming on on sats 110 & 119?

Proof new HD channels are really Mpeg2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)