using single lnb with dish network

lspencer001

Original poster
Sep 1, 2014
hello. not sure where to put this or if this is the right place to ask. we have a KVH dome on the roof of our camper that is hooked up to dish network. it works good when you have a clear view of the southern sky. I found a deal that I couldn't pass up on. I found a new never used complete system in the box for 5$ at an auction. I plan to use this the times that we can't get service with our dome. it came with a single coax lnb. how would you go about using this and setting it up with our box. our box in the camper is a 311. would you go about setting it up like you would at home as far as pointing and what not. with it being a single lnb what satellite would you lock on to. thanks and hope this isn't confusing everyone.

First where are you located? Are you Eastern Arc or Western Arc? From the 311 I will assume you are on the Western Arc without HD TVs. Depending on what you are interested in watching either 110 OR 119 will have channels of interest to you.

it will work but you will only get one bird.
now if its a old 500 dish you can find a double lnbf bracket and another single lnbf you can pull in both 110 and 119.
or drive around your area and look for a old 500 dish with a dual lnbf on and just stop and ask the people if they are using it and if not offer them a few bucks and that you will take it down. they might just say remove it and you can have it.

lnbf's are not high failure items so more and likely if you get a used one it will work.

we are in southwestern ohio and our dome is set up for dish 500 east. we need some sort of update to the dome to be able to do dish 1000. the dome locks onto 110 and 119. I was hoping that I could lock onto 129 for local channels using the dish, as where we live the locals are on 129. I do plan on getting a dual lnbf. we have dish 1000 at home and it has three lnbf mounted to the dish.

we are in southwestern ohio and our dome is set up for dish 500 east. we need some sort of update to the dome to be able to do dish 1000. the dome locks onto 110 and 119. I was hoping that I could lock onto 129 for local channels using the dish, as where we live the locals are on 129. I do plan on getting a dual lnbf. we have dish 1000 at home and it has three lnbf mounted to the dish.
129 is a western arc bird.
so you need a single wa dish setup
you might be able to go full western arc from your location, dont quote me on that but there are dual arc regions.

if you can go full western arc from that location you would need 3 headed lnbf 1000.2 wa dish setup or a older 1000 wa set up.

ok thanks. I beleive at home our box (625) is locked in on all three. I assume that our home setup is the older 1000 as we have had dish network since 2005. when we got the dome set up and working dish said something that the locals were on 129 and everything else was on 110 and 119.

A 311 will work fine with a Dish 500 pointed at 110W and 119W. It won't buy you anything but maybe a handful of PI channels pointing at the EA satellites.

ok thanks. at home we are locked in on all three and the locals are on 129 and in the camper we are able to receive everything but the locals as we are only able to lock onto 110 and 119 since we don't have that update. when I do get a dual lnbf could I use that in conjunction with the single to lock onto all three satellites and be able to receive the locals

ok thanks. at home we are locked in on all three and the locals are on 129 and in the camper we are able to receive everything but the locals as we are only able to lock onto 110 and 119 since we don't have that update. when I do get a dual lnbf could I use that in conjunction with the single to lock onto all three satellites and be able to receive the locals
Are you talking about the KVH locking onto all three satellites 110,119 & 129? What model KVH do you have I don't think most can be used for HD and the 311 receiver definitely needs replacement.

yes and no. the KVH needs a software update in order for it to lock onto 129 and I don't know if the previous owner had that update done. until I have that update preformed I would like to use the dish to pick up 129. I have a KVH R4SL made and installed in 2008. the manual for the KVH says it supports the 311 and the 211K. the 311 I was using in the house as a second box and it was locked onto all three satellites by the tech from dish. when we bought the camper in 2012 I moved the box out there and have been using it ever since

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts