Versus Removed Sept 1 from DirecTV

Do you think they will get a deal done?

• Yes they Will before 9/1

Votes: 22 10.0%
  • Yes they will, but after 9/1 but before 9/12

Votes: 37 16.7%
  • yes they will, but after 9/12 but in time for nhl season.

Votes: 94 42.5%
  • no they won't

Votes: 68 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
tweet from dtv received about 11:10 sunday morning, says they are still in negotiations and would keep us posted.

Versus will take the largest hit if they don't get a deal done. They lose 24 million viewers just like that.
They are not losing anywhere close to 24 million households. Besides, people that have to have VS will go elsewhere for it if this deal lasts too long.

i'm calling comcast monday and telling them to pull their stupid channel. i really don't care. unfair is unfair. i hope other providerw will follow suit and threaten to pull versus from their lineup.

I want to switch to D*, but this could be a dealbreaker for me. I need Versus b/c I am a Pens fan, and they are on VS 8 times this yr.....plus playoffs

i'm calling comcast monday and telling them to pull their stupid channel. i really don't care. unfair is unfair. i hope other providerw will follow suit and threaten to pull versus from their lineup.
Billion Dollar NFL ST deal is Fair??
D* the Leader in signing unfair deals.
Its just now they spent all their money, This is just the beginning.:p
For all we know D* might right now be paying way less then all the other providers. Thats Unfair!

i hope other providerw will follow suit and threaten to pull versus from their lineup.

Don't think they can pull them, There are under contract. But if they strong arming D*. You can bet they will strong arm everyone else when the contracts are due to re-up!

jet

Last edited:
I think he just wants to become the equal of harshness and vampz when it come to E* subscribers who like to come over to D* forums and bash D* relentlessly. :p
Coming from the guy with the upside down Directv Avatar.:p:p. Seems to be a lot of them around .;)
Uncrules you know me, and I'll bash anyone who I feel is in the wrong.
And I'm not so sure VS is in the wrong.
D* spent so much money on all the sports programming, that now theres not much room left for the rest. What next? Raise rates. So now how much more will D* charge their customers come March with no channel addtions? NFL- ST in 2010, $400?? $500?? In HD.

I really hope D* doesn't cave to these jokers.....Vs. needs to remember who they are.

Coming from the guy with the upside down Directv Avatar.:p:p. Seems to be a lot of them around .;)
D* spent so much money on all the sports programming, that now theres not much room left for the rest. What next? Raise rates. So now how much more will D* charge their customers come March with no channel addtions? NFL- ST in 2010, $400?? $500?? In HD.

Good point, and that's coming from a DTV customer since '99 and the only Satt (small dish) svc that I've had so far. This was the first year that I called to cancel ST due to price since '99 but I got one of the "deals" from the CSR. I wasn't bluffing and I think the CSR tuned into that but I might have received the deal regardless of that since most here have been able to get a deal on ST.

You bring up a point about this "Vs" issue that I can't argue against it.....no one knows what this is all about unless someone here works for either party with a reliable inside contact, ie "fly on the wall" in one of those conf rom meetings at DTV or Comcast.

I'd miss Vs a lot due to the NHL games but if the real story is Comcast being the "bad guy" here, then that's life. What little I see from Comcast is not good....no Philly feeds, that situation in the northwest for those customers is sad.

The real problem imo, is what's been posted here...Comcast owning Vs, or any provider owning a broadcast program provider. This thing could escalate fast with other services getting pulled from providers.

Good point, and that's coming from a DTV customer since '99 and the only Satt (small dish) svc that I've had so far. This was the first year that I called to cancel ST due to price since '99 but I got one of the "deals" from the CSR. I wasn't bluffing and I think the CSR tuned into that but I might have received the deal regardless of that since most here have been able to get a deal on ST.

You bring up a point about this "Vs" issue that I can't argue against it.....no one knows what this is all about unless someone here works for either party with a reliable inside contact, ie "fly on the wall" in one of those conf rom meetings at DTV or Comcast.

I'd miss Vs a lot due to the NHL games but if the real story is Comcast being the "bad guy" here, then that's life. What little I see from Comcast is not good....no Philly feeds, that situation in the northwest for those customers is sad.

The real problem imo, is what's been posted here...Comcast owning Vs, or any provider owning a broadcast program provider. This thing could escalate fast with other services getting pulled from providers.
I was a D* customer for over 7 Total years. I wouldn't expect Comcast to be Friendly with D* or E*. But D* didn't seem to care about ANYONE , But themselves when they paid the NFL a Huge amount of money for Exclusive rights.
Who knows, Maybe if D* passed on Exclusive rights with NFL , You would have much more National HD, Much more Locals, More Premiums added to the already over priced movie packs and most important of all , a lower bill.

I was just mainly busting your chops. No offense meant. But I don't agree with you in that the ST will lead to D*'s downfall. We don't all the details of why they are having this dispute. It can't be said with any certainty that this would be any different if D* didn't have the ST

E* seems to have more programming disputes than anybody else and they don't have the ST or MLB EI to put a strain on them. So I don't think the ST necessarly means the will be programming disputes. I just think that Liberty is much more agressive in these kind of negotations than Fox was. Since Liberty has taken over D* we have gotten very few new HD channels. Things were this way before D* re did the ST deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.