VIDEO - 722K Explained

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Leslie Harper takes us through the upcoming 722k receiver!

Click on the video title to be taken to Youtube where you can watch this video in HD!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_76boIpA2dw#]YouTube - Dish 722k Explained[/ame]

722k: TV2 can be controlled by IR?

Scott,

Thank you for posting the video. Leslie said that in the TV2 remote control there will be a switch that selects between IR and UHF, and she went on to say that the switch would add the option to control TV1 with UHF, or TV2 with IR. She also said that the remote control would still still have a key, so reading between the lines, I'm guessing that the key would select whether the remote controls TV1 or TV2?

So the 722K will allow TV2 to be controlled with IR? I am interested in this because I would like to be able to control TV2 with a universal remote control.

wmcneil- FYI- the reason for UHF has always been that the location of your TV2 was to be in another room as the DVR. A typical IR remote would not see the DVR while your UHF remote would reach through walls. I had a similar problem here and wanted to do as you wish but the conflict of a Universal remote control on UHF is either expensive orf non-existent. I found a very low cost simple solution. I added a Radio Shack IR blaster that uses a relay device to receive your IR signal from your Universal remote at the TV location and send it by RF to another IR blaster where the DVR (722) is located. It has worked out great!

Last edited:
wmcneil- FYI- the reason for UHF has always been that the location of your TV2 was to be in another room as the DVR. A typical IR remote would not see the DVR while your UHF remote would reach through walls. I had a similar problem here and wanted to do as you wish but the conflict of a Universal remote control on UHF is either expensive orf non-existent. I found a very low cost simple solution. I added a Radio Shack IR blaster that uses a relay device to receive your IR signal from your Universal remote at the TV location and send it by RF to another IR blaster where the DVR (722) is located. It has worked out great!

Don, I have a similiar setup that routes the IR over coax, then connects to an IR emitter that controls my 622. The problem with this is that the 622 does not have an option to control TV2 with IR in dual mode, it only allows UHF to control TV2 in dual mode.

Are you running your 722 in dual mode?

Right you are. I have my 722 being controlled in TV1 mode but in a different room. Complicated reasoning but the short story is I had no room in my Kitchen for the 722 box where the monitor is so I put the 722 in the garage feeding the monitor wires through a wall. I have two DVR's with a 622 in TV1 single mode in the Home theater.
I do believe the k version does allow the selection of UHF or IR for both but you'd still need that IR relay emitter like I use or the one you have.

Right you are. I have my 722 being controlled in TV1 mode but in a different room. Complicated reasoning but the short story is I had no room in my Kitchen for the 722 box where the monitor is so I put the 722 in the garage feeding the monitor wires through a wall. I have two DVR's with a 622 in TV1 single mode in the Home theater.
I do believe the k version does allow the selection of UHF or IR for both but you'd still need that IR relay emitter like I use or the one you have.

Ok, that's what my understanding was for the 722 as well. So back to my original question, Leslie says in the video that the 722k TV2 can be controlled by IR, did that mean in dual mode I hope? Scott, can you comment?