VIDEO - Dish Network 211K Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here is a look at the Dish Network 211K Receiver. From the 2008 Consumer Electronics Show.

[youtube]agxNTzDyUvI[/youtube]

Ok. So there's no difference other than the size and color? What's the point?
"Black. It's the new black."

In other words, the CE industry has had their fling with silver and are now swinging back to black enclosures. Dish's original receivers were black, then started switching over to silver around 2002-2003 with the 721, 811, and 525. The ViP series continued that trend, but now that most of the TV sets are black (or piano black), the latest receivers (625, ViP 722, ViP 211K) are black once more.

Also, I thought I heard someone say the motherboard was redesigned.

"Black. It's the new black."

In other words, the CE industry has had their fling with silver and are now swinging back to black enclosures. Dish's original receivers were black, then started switching over to silver around 2002-2003 with the 721, 811, and 525. The ViP series continued that trend, but now that most of the TV sets are black (or piano black), the latest receivers (625, ViP 722, ViP 211K) are black once more.

Also, I thought I heard someone say the motherboard was redesigned.

525?

Yeah, I meant the Dish 522... I never had one, having moved on to HD receivers before that came out. However, now that I look at the Dish Tech Portal, it looks like the 522 was black as well. I guess I was thinking of the 721.

The fact that the ViP 211K is smaller might make it more attractive to some people, but I don't think I'm going to trade-in my ViP 211 for the "K" variant, even if it's black. Now, if Dish decides to implement new firmware features on the "K" and not the original version, I might have an issue with that...

Last edited:

Ya the 522 is black, same case as 625. The silver receivers are the 811 (aka 381), 721, 921, 942, 622, 222, 211 & 411.

Brad

Last edited:
I heard tell that the 211k will not work with the R-5000HD. This makes me wonder what the REAL reasons for a new IRD were?

Seems sad, as the R-5000HD capability was basically the only reason I went with Dish network over DirecTV.

I'm looking at the 211k as a unit to use in my RV due strictly to size. All other units are too deep for my RV shelving. The 211k is only better, not a solution. I'll have to buy one as Dish will allow no more leased units on my account.

Any help...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts