Vikings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Teehar

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2010
WNC
Anyone watch the new History channel series,The Vikings,last night?I checked it out,while not as hard hitting and fast paced as some of the premium channel series,it's not bad at all.Noticed they are also running a series called the Bible,recorded it will watch later.

It was ok and I will give it a few more episodes if it won't pick up then decide what to do with it :)

I'm hooked,the battle scenes are great,pretty hard core to be on the History channel.

My son (14) recorded this and said it's good and that I should watch it as he suspects I'd like it. We have 2-3 episodes recorded but someone deleted episode # 1, so I have to wait until it re-runs and get that recorded.

I'm not a fan of watching videos (longer than 5-10 minutes) on the computer. Turns out that Vikings is available through Dish's On Demand service, in HD, and for free.

Season finale this Sunday.It has been renewed for a second season as well.

I love the show, but was really hoping it would have been a mini series.

Yea,I have enjoyed it.It's only 10 episodes,so kind of like a long mini series,there are still plenty of new lands for the vikings to plunder.;)

As I recall, there's a LONG gap before the next season starts :( History website just says "coming in 2014".

Last edited:
Just watched the first season on Amazon, and will finish just in time for season 2 premier next week. Very enjoyable. Started kind of slow but got better each episode. The guy that plays Ragnar does a fantastic job.

Yeah, yeah, Ragnar.... I caught my wife "checking him out" while I was watching the show. I knew something was fishy because she's not into medieval or gory/violent shows like that. Then again, she's watching Game of Thrones with me, like The Walking Dead, etc now. Anyway, I posted a picture of Ragnar on her Facebook page and asked her who he was. Since she didn't watch the show enough, she actually didn't recognize him. Needless to say, a lot of our female friends were interested in who he was as well !! :eek:

Glad to see it coming back on,tv has been pretty slow for Feb sweeps.I guess it's because of the Olympics.And yea Ragnar Lothbrook is pretty cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)