Vip 722 Error code 024

jmw194

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 3, 2008
Brooklyn
When I tried to access my programs via the dvr button on my harmony 550 I get the following "error 024 unable to access this feature at this time. Data not available." I cannot pause or rewind live TV. I can access my dvr recordings by going to "Menu 9-1". I can play a recording but can't stop it. I am migrating my programming to EHDs. Is the hdd going? Once the programs move over to EHD I will try a hard reset. I just need to know if I need a new receiver.

Thanks.

I have an antenna that I had been using until my 1 year old decided it looked like a good thing to mess with. If I plug it back in what can I do with it to test things out?

Usually 024 comes up when your trying to use a feature that relies on guide data (Timers, DVR Events etc) and the receiver doesn't have access to the guide information. A hard reset should fix that (let the receiver update the guide)

HIFI,
The reset fixed things. What should I be on the lookout for if it is a potential failure? Are there any diagnostic programs/menu choices I can use to keep on top of things?

Thanks for your quick reply before.

I am having the exact same problem and only a hard reset will fix it, but only temporarily as it will happen again the next day or later the same day. I do have an OTA but it is hooked directly into the TV set. Looks like my 722 is in the early stages (or worse) of failure. Can someone direct me to instructions on how to transfer stuff to an external HD before it dies altogether? Thanks...

I am having the exact same problem and only a hard reset will fix it, but only temporarily as it will happen again the next day or later the same day. I do have an OTA but it is hooked directly into the TV set. Looks like my 722 is in the early stages (or worse) of failure. Can someone direct me to instructions on how to transfer stuff to an external HD before it dies altogether? Thanks...
You can connect an EHD to the USB port on the reciever and it is pretty much plug and play. The EHD must have a dedicated power supply, USB 2.0 support, and between 50GB to 2TB. These links can be helpful! Set-up & Use

Thank you so much Mary Catherine. As soon as all of the turkey and guests have departed I will try and hook it all up. Happy Thanksgiving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts