Visionsat IV200 PVR Plus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, I would have to check that now. :) Maybe I confused 1.20 with 1.45 or whatever the other F/W was. In either case, I did not get any new F/W from anywhere else, and I just used whatever was posted here. :up

I was thinking about changing to the Smart Card version since I was going to try my cousin's card to see if I could see his paid channels, but I never got the time to do that, plus I didn't want to lose my channel line up, which took me a long time to sort/block/etc..

OK, thanks. Finally got around to replacing my 31" fortec dish with the glorystar 36" dish that they had on sale last year and wanted to make sure I had the latest firmware also. Most sats came in from 3 to 4 quality points higher, but the 30, 43 and 58w are not coming in...need to do some tweaking and take the receiver out on the roof.

Help

I bought two units of IV 200 PVR from same store but at different time about two months apart. The first unit is working perfectly after configuration. I bought the second unit and hook it up with same TV, same cable, same dish and got zero on signal quality on same satellite - 95W Galaxy 3c.

Is this unit defective?

Thanks.

I just have a question:

If I upgrade the firmware (1.20 to 1.45), will I have re-scan and adjust my line-up again?
The reason I want to upgrade is to try my cousin's Irdeto2 subscription card for DFH.

I think I am just gonna go ahead and try it.A
Edit: It works great. The card works fine, and after update everything was restored perfectly.

Last edited:
Is there and alternative?

Can someone recommend a receiver that had Viaccess and DVR? I’m new to the forum and was disappointed to get to the end of this thread and find I can’t get this receiver. My wife watches TAN (The Asian Network) satellite and I need to get her something with DVR. She gets up at 3:30 to go to work and I don’t want her staying up till midnight watching her shows.

you can find some good deals on Ebay.

I know of folks who got Coolsat 5000/6000 for 30 shipped
I got 3 receivers (Pansat 2500, BEC 6600 and Coolsat 5000) for 50 shipped
I've seen Visionsats and Coolsat 7100 (kinda the same thing) for dirt cheap...but not 30 bucks. Thats a heluva bargain for those

Is that for a VisionSAT? I would like to get one more if it is $29 shipped. Just in case this one dies.

Yes, used Visionsat IV200, with remote (it was actually $29.99 shipped). I did have to purge the wackyware that was on it, but it is working great with the factory fw.

I don't see them very often but they pop up occasionally, I was the only bidder on the one I got.

iceberg, thanks. Since I got myself familiarized with Visionsat IV200, and it is confirmed it works with our subscription cards, I would rather get them.

phlatwound, I don't see any visionsats on sale on ebay now. Would you mind letting us know the seller name so we can check with him if he still has any left.