Voom a little advise.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

technojunkie

Original poster
Feb 8, 2005
Voom a little advice.

I called last week to get an install and have been very disappointed with the service. I made the mistake of calling on the "800" number rather thatn finding a local dealer/installer. When I called, a very polite lady took all the information and advised me the first install date was more than 10 days out and could not be done on a Saturday. I later found out it was being done through Installs Inc. Considering that HD TV is not as afordable as everyone would like, VOOM needs to appreciate that weekend or evening installs are a must because those of lucky enough to afford the luxury of HD have jobs and probably have our spouses employed as well and can't be sitting at home on a week day for an install. The other thing is the length of time until and install is available. While 1 week might be reasonable Voom needs to be better than that and get it done in 4 -5 days.

The problem I had was that after 4 business (plus the weekend) I never received an acknowledgement via email or received the promised call by an installer. That is until I called to cancel the install. Within 30 minutes of my call to Voom Installs Inc calls to tell me they had a cancellation and could do mine the following morning if I was available. Since I wasn't home they told me to leave a message on their answering machine and someone would get back to me ASAP. I called and left word for them to call me by 9:00 AM to that I could make arrangements. At around 8:00 AM I received a call from them, not to ask me what time they should arrive, but rather to say that I could do the install tomorrow! What a crock! That was when I explained to them that it was this morning or nothing or the install was cancelled. At that point the man made an excuse about the change and we parted ways.

I now have found a local dealer/instaler who promises to be more attentive to my needs.

My thought is why Voom didn't send me to the local dealer first and use their system to service issues. I bet it would save a lot of time and money. Or once I mentioned the install date was not to my liking they didn't suggest trying a dealer.

While I'm disappointed with the first attempt I trust the next one will be much better.

Ther I'm done...I feel much better.

Or maybe he just needs some...

vurbano said:
I assume you are trying to spell "advice"?

vice to add to..?

Still enjoying HDTV under rainy(you expected something else?) Seattle skies, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)