VOOM and OTA reception in Cleveland, OH

damn Fayrich...there must be some interference with the signal at times then? If it was the antenna, it makes no sense to get the signal for days then no signal at all. Plus I get all my other channels just fine all the time. It is strange.

Any technical gurus out there with any advice?

Maybe pigeons roosting on your antenna? Just joking dtsfan. Is your stealth amplified? Are you using the infamous diplexor? I am using my own ota set-up here. Maybe you need to consider doing the same if all the digital locals are important to you.

no diplexor; yes it has an amplifier. What set up are you using? Channel 3 is the only issue... others are perfect.

dtsfanohio said:
no diplexor; yes it has an amplifier.
Check the power inserter. Make sure it is connected properly. Unplug it for a moment and see if this affects the signal readings on channel 3.

Thanks for the tip. I unplugged the power block, I disconnected and reconnected both cables and still nothing... I wonder if my power injector/amplifier is "defective"..maybe working but not 100? Would this explain getting Channel 3 sometimes? Again the other OTA channels are fine. It is the
damnest thing..............

I have 3 different antennas stacked. The one for CH3 (ch2) is a fairly large combo antenna. (Not a RS one-they are junk in my opinion) Also using a channel master 7700 preamp. Probably one of the best available. (Again, RS amplifiers are junk). I am in a really tough reception area, hence the 3 stacked. In addition to the combo antenna mentioned, I also have a "cut" antenna for ch 19 (ch 10), and an 8 bowtie channel master 4228(I believe) for UHF only.

wow...quite a set-up. Maybe I need something more aggressive for Channel 3? I dont why 3 would be an issue when the others are ok. There must be a technical quirk I dont understand....

Well..go figure.. I dial in Channel 3 around 10pm and there is ..the Olympic HD feed... and I watched it for 4 hrs..perfect picture...I really dont know why Channel 3 is so erratic/unpredictable for me. maybe some local interference that goes away at some point ? GOK!

OTA Problems close to towers

Sometimes it seems the further I get from the local broadcast towers the better my chances for reception.

Recently I installed a medium range yagi at a rooftop peak and have ok signal numbers, but a lot of pixelization. I can see the towers from his rooftop, and am concerned I'm too close for this antenna. I've also used a terk tv44 dish clip-on antenna with no success.

I am at a loss. Please Help

Jeff
Tech @ American Digital

Are you talking about all channels? Don't know if there is such a thing as "too close". Maybe try "rabbit ears just for the H* of it and see what happens.

I did an OTA scan yesterday and I picked up a couple of new channels...WEAO out of Alliance (I think!), a PBS affiliate...1 channel is in HD and the other is in SD...signal strength is about 90...

Sean, can you please request these to be added to the PG? Thanks!

dlayphoto said:
I did an OTA scan yesterday and I picked up a couple of new channels...WEAO out of Alliance (I think!), a PBS affiliate...1 channel is in HD and the other is in SD...signal strength is about 90...
Great news! I've been waiting for a PBS station for a long time. WEAO must be Akron. Is it on all the time? Or are they just experimenting?
I was able to get 21.1 (Canton NBC-HD) the other day, but only for a short time.

From what I've seen it's on pretty much 24/7. The HD channel PQ is stunning, with a signal strength of 90+ (I live in Lakewood, so that's pretty impressive with all the buildings around!)

They must have just started. It wasn't there when I did a scan a few days ago.
Is it on channel 49.1 (freq=50)?

Ch 49 is supposed to come in on 50. Haven't scanned for a while, but will do so shortly. Getting mighty tired of waiting for ch 25 which was supposed to go digital in May. Here's hoping----

why is it they added channel 25 to the guide, which isn't coming in yet, but didn't add channel 50.1 and 50.2, which are coming in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)