[VOOM] Wish Voom would have made it.

• Thread starter gr8tguyoc
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1K
G

gr8tguyoc

Original poster
I have been a subscriber since December 2004 when I purchased my first HDTV. I chose VOOM because I wanted the most HDTV available. It has been a fantastic experience as I did not have a lot of the issues that others have had. I will truly miss VOOM and I have decided to go to cable as I already have two of the three services through COX communications in southern CA.

Through COX I am now adding the final service- cable in their suite package. For me it makes the most economic sense as I am locked in to a deal of $42.85 per month for twelve months. This includes a DVR which includes HDTV playback. The first three months is $16.00 as it was a "special". I do have do give them my 18" dish and receiver from Direct TV but that was all free anyway. I would love to have Direct TV however I am unwilling to pay $995.00 for their HDTV receiver/DVR.

I am only out $49.95 for installation with no contract. They even threw in three months of premiums HBO/SHO for FREE. They offer seven channels of HDTV not including the four channels with the HBO/SHO HDTV package. At the end of the year it goes up to $59.52 per month which includes digital cable and HDTV programming. No premiums in that price but that is fine with me.

At the end of the year or if another provider like VOOM comes out with a better deal then I will consider it at that time.

Matthew

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------