Warning 061 - Boot Recovery

RBergmann

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 3, 2006
Vista, CA
ViP 622 has been showing the following screen all morning.

Message is:

"Warning 061

Boot Recovery

Vital download information will now be downloaded into your receiver.

Do not disturb or unplug it until this screen disappears.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||____________ (progress bar)"

The progress bar completes, the screen appears to re-boot, but after a minute or so the above message appears again. This is happening over and over.

I've tried (against instruction) to reboot the receiver holding down the power button (does not re-boot) as well as unplugging the receiver for 15 seconds.

Any ideas???

Looks like your receiver got stuck downloading the new software update. I would run a check switch and then do a hard reboot on the receiver.

Menu, 6, 1, 1, Check switch
Hard reboot, unplug the power from the receiver.

Looks like your receiver got stuck downloading the new software update. I would run a check switch and then do a hard reboot on the receiver.

Menu, 6, 1, 1, Check switch
Hard reboot, unplug the power from the receiver.
I can't get to the Menu.

Note that in my original post, I've tried a hard reboot. I recently tried a power disconnect again for a minute and a half.

Nope ... back where I was with the Warning .... screen.

So, you're saying that after you unplug the box and plug it back it it starts out on the warning message? If so I think you're screwed and you need to call dish to get a new box.

So, you're saying that after you unplug the box and plug it back it it starts out on the warning message? If so I think you're screwed and you need to call dish to get a new box.
Yeah ....

Just got off of the phone with Tech Support. Went through all the same troubleshooting techniques.

Guess what? They're sending out a new box.

Thanks, guys.

Hi, I am the tech that talked to you yesterday about replacing your receiver on the phone here in Valley Center. Sounds like you had already contacted Dish and they were, indeed, sending you a box "out".

Sorry, I could not assist you further...... my trouble call work ticket only said "TAKE 622" which could be taken many ways...nothing mentioned to "have" ANY" equipment with me.

Hopefully you will receive your receiver today, and you will be back in business. I think this is another reason the Dish Engineering folks are holding back on sending the "mass" downloads to all of the 622's partly because of your receiver issues.

Hi, I am the tech that talked to you yesterday about replacing your receiver on the phone here in Valley Center. Sounds like you had already contacted Dish and they were, indeed, sending you a box "out".

Sorry, I could not assist you further...... my trouble call work ticket only said "TAKE 622" which could be taken many ways...nothing mentioned to "have" ANY" equipment with me.

Hopefully you will receive your receiver today, and you will be back in business. I think this is another reason the Dish Engineering folks are holding back on sending the "mass" downloads to all of the 622's partly because of your receiver issues.
Yep, that's us. Our understanding is that a receiver will be pulled from stock in Carlsbad for this morning's service call.

The difficult part of this kind of thing is that we (i.e. the customer) have to disrupt our work schedule and wait for service that is not going to be performed.

I blame the cable/satellite industry methods for dealing with these service troubles, not the technicians. All techs that I've talked to in the six years (four years at first Valley Center property, six months off, two years at current property) of being with Dish have been really good folk.

This whole fiasco is disheartening. There seems to be a lot of: "one hand not aware of what the other hand is doing".

Tech scheduled for Monday, supposed to have receiver and change out, but his ticket said only to pick unit. Day lost from work waiting.

Told tech would be scheduled for us to be his first call on Tuesday. He was to bring a receiver and swap out. No show. Another day lost from work waiting.

Tech apparently showed up on Wednesday, but we weren't there. UPS delivered a new 622 from Dish. I exchanged the unit and activated it myself. Five minutes to change out, 15 minutes of downloads and resetting of TV2 remote, 30 minutes waiting for someone at Dish to answer our call to activate the new unit.

Four and a half days without service. This was a wonderful experience. Untold calls to Dish, misinformation, screw ups. Nice, Charlie.

I also sent a note to CEO@echostar.com. Don't expect an answer.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm...............I got a 622 reboot error yesterday: Corrupt hard drive, we're sorry, kiss your recordings goodbye! (paraphrased)

But they were still there after the boot up. Strange, huh?????

So it is possibly the new downloads that may be causing my 622 to reboot 3 times on Wednesday and once on Thursday?? How can I be sure it isn't a 622 problem?
While watching a show the screen suddenly goes blank with a lot of noise and a few seconds later the receiver reboots. When I did a 6-1-1 check I discovered that it was on the wrong satellite trying to bring in 105 when my sats are 110 & 119. Hopefully this will not continue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts