Watch ESPN

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, I was. I get basic Comcast from my HOA, but wanted to get Watch ESPN and had to go to cheapest tier that offered ESPN. That is why I am so anxious for Directv to finally join the crowd. There are a lot of gameds I want to watch only on ESPN3.

Yes, I was. I get basic Comcast from my HOA, but wanted to get Watch ESPN and had to go to cheapest tier that offered ESPN. That is why I am so anxious for Directv to finally join the crowd. There are a lot of gameds I want to watch only on ESPN3.

I have Comcast Internet and broadcast TV but not the package that has ESPN. I am able to watch ESPN3 content, but not watchESPN content. watchESPN content is basically simulcasts of their national channels, including SEC and LHN, and SEC Plus. ESPN3 is a separate online-only "network" of mostly excslusive content, ACC Network, and the SEC games on the RSNs. It is also, in a way, separate from watchESPN. Perhaps you've been paying for the extra Comcast package without needing to.

I have Comcast Internet and broadcast TV but not the package that has ESPN. I am able to watch ESPN3 content, but not watchESPN content. watchESPN content is basically simulcasts of their national channels, including SEC and LHN, and SEC Plus. ESPN3 is a separate online-only "network" of mostly excslusive content, ACC Network, and the SEC games on the RSNs. It is also, in a way, separate from watchESPN. Perhaps you've been paying for the extra Comcast package without needing to.

Exactly. I really get the impression that a lot of people think they need to have access to WatchESPN to get the ESPN 3 games. That is not the case. As long as your ISP provides access to ESPN 3, you're good to go. You don't even have to sub to a TV package to get it.

So, with the explanation that ejb1980 gave, is D* trying to get watch Espn or ESPN3 ?

I'm hoping for ESPN3 ... occasionally I find the local team on espn3 and have no way to put it up on the TV.

So, with the explanation that ejb1980 gave, is D* trying to get watch Espn or ESPN3 ?

I'm hoping for ESPN3 ... occasionally I find the local team on espn3 and have no way to put it up on the TV.

watchESPN includes ESPN3 but ESPN3 does not include watchESPN. We are getting full acess via Directv. But, unless you have Time Warner Cable, ESPN3 is usually included with Internet access.

I get ESPN3 with Charter internet but since I dont subscribe to the TV portion I dont get WatchESPN

watchESPN includes ESPN3 but ESPN3 does not include watchESPN. We are getting full acess via Directv. But, unless you have Time Warner Cable, ESPN3 is usually included with Internet access.
I have access to espn3 thru my local internet company so I can watch it on the computer, but hate that when I have a 60" Pioneer Elite 20' away.

So if D* does get it we'll have it available (both services) thru D* already on the TV ... excellent !
Hopefully in HD ...
I can run an HDMI cable to the TV and watch, but it never looks as good.

I have access to espn3 thru my local internet company so I can watch it on the computer, but hate that when I have a 60" Pioneer Elite 20' away.

So if D* does get it we'll have it available (both services) thru D* already on the TV ... excellent !
Hopefully in HD ...
I can run an HDMI cable to the TV and watch, but it never looks as good.

I seriously doubt that D* is going to add the WatchESPN app to their receivers. Like I told you before, you can get access to ESPN 3, on your TV, via boxes like Roku, Amazon Fire, or Apple TV. You can get the Amazon Fire TV Stick for about $39, and you can do a whole lot more with it than just watching ESPN 3.

I seriously doubt that D* is going to add the WatchESPN app to their receivers. Like I told you before, you can get access to ESPN 3, on your TV, via boxes like Roku, Amazon Fire, or Apple TV. You can get the Amazon Fire TV Stick for about $39, and you can do a whole lot more with it than just watching ESPN 3.

I guess we will see. I for one hope we do. I would much rather it be added to my receiver then any of the other ways you mentioned. I could care less about having those devices.

Reactions: Jimbo and ejb1980
So now you want me to spend even More money, so i can see a few games a year on espn3 that I can't already get ?
I spend enough on D*, dont need to spend lore.

I really don't care if they add the WatchESPN app to receivers. I just want access to the service period. I can load the app on my iPad then AirPlay to AppleTV. But first I need to be able to log in to the service. HURRY UP DIRECTV!

So now you want me to spend even More money, so i can see a few games a year on espn3 that I can't already get ?
I spend enough on D*, dont need to spend lore.

You said you wanted it on your TV, and that it doesn't look good to you if you run HDMI from your computer to the TV. Well, the other methods are the easiest way, and they look great. The reason I doubt D* will add the app to the receivers is because it wouldn't make sense for them, financially speaking. The majority of the ESPN 3 games are games that are available through their subscription services ESPN Game Plan, and ESPN Full Court. Adding the capability to access those games for free, via their receivers, wouldn't be in their best interests. They want you to pay for the subscriptions.

I am hoping for full online access (which we will get) and ESPN3 games on TV, like Full Court is now - but in HD.

I just saw a tweet from LSU that WatchESPN is now available on direct. Anyone else heard anything?

Just saw a tweet from UF saying that DIRECTV customers can now access SEC Network+ on the WatchESPN app. I tried it and YUP! DIRECTV is now listed. Awesome Sauce! I'm logged in and watching now!

ps. sorry for image size.

IMG_0813.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts