Wave Frontier Toroidal T-90 Satellite Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
2 degree spacing on the T90, as promised.

From the end of LNB rail 89, 91, 93, 95, and 97. (ran out of spare LNBs)

95 and 97 are not the correct type LNBs, there are just to show the spacing.

Note the LNB holder view from the top!!! There just is not any room for the holders on each LNB.

Scanning now, this is very exciting!!!!!

View of the side, showing the amount of material removed from the covers.

Attachments

• MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 533
  • MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 467
  • MVC-010F.JPG
    MVC-010F.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 452
  • MVC-011F.JPG
    MVC-011F.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 455
Last edited by a moderator:
:up :up :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Sweet job!

So it looks like you gutted the LNB cover and then shaved off part of the plastic around the eye...how much did you have to shave off there?

Might have to try that. My only issue is in the middle of the arc there is no room to fit a LNB in (which for me is 93 middle, 89, 97). I'm not worried about 95 or 99 but I would like to do
83/85 (which I can do right now)
87/89
101/103 (which I'm working on still

Last edited:
Great job

I will definitively try that.

Will post my results also.

I should have tought about that myself.

Again congratulations.

This allows us to really use the t-90 at its full possibilities

Labgate

Jerry did you have to shave any of the metal off the LNB?

Do you get decent signal results?

Iceberg said:
Jerry did you have to shave any of the metal off the LNB?

Do you get decent signal results?

Yes, Shaved the "Horn" to a width of 2 inches.

I am scanning with my Skystar2 2.3 now. &%$# Twinhan does not want to tune, but found a few channel on 89 and 93. Had 91 before the experiment.

89 should have a couple news channels
93 is loaded with news feeds

I have to figure out how to shoehorn 91 in between 93 & 89

I might have a solution to your "shoehorning" challenge.
Look at our website's "Bargains" section at
www.global-cm.net/bargains.html
You will see a picture with two views of a P-870 stacked Ku LNBF, made for the VOOM system. The feed side is very narrow; much more than the converter side of the LNBF, but my experience has been that the limiting factor on most LNBFs has been the width of the feed end. Perhaps one of these P-870 units can allow you to squeeze in to a tight space, with a little creativity.

Can not get anything on 89 and 93 (Too weak in the 20%)

Maybe they needs some tweaking (up or down? can't go left or right) , or I could try a couple of satellites closer to the center of the dish.

Later after work.

Damn good job! :)

I can't help but visualise such a dish at my house as a twisted pile of metal with my blood all over it. :(

Much better luck scanning with Mytheatre and Skystar2;

Without any fine tunning of the LNBs
89 = Zero channels (Maybe LOS)
91 = 487
93 = 30 (30% to 45%)

Still need to get 3 or 4 satellites in line with a 2 degree spacing to show that this works.

jerryt said:
Yes, Shaved the "Horn" to a width of 2 inches.

I am scanning with my Skystar2 2.3 now. &%$# Twinhan does not want to tune, but found a few channel on 89 and 93. Had 91 before the experiment.

So I understand that for this to work I will also have to "shave" my lnbs to 2 inch wide, is that correct ?

I will try that this weekend. I also taught about something to adjust them also.

Will keep you updated.

Labgate

Labgate said:
So I understand that for this to work I will also have to "shave" my lnbs to 2 inch wide, is that correct ?

I will try that this weekend. I also taught about something to adjust them also.

Will keep you updated.

Labgate

Used a belt sander, without the plastic LNB cover, only the horn cover is 2.5 inches wide.

The side picture shows how much of the horn cover was removed. There is a metal lip for the cover to catch and that is sanded down flush on the sides.

Not impressed with the results so far, may have to align the LNBs somehow. Hoping that this works better near the center of the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts