WDCW 50 (PSIP) In Washington DC Considering a 10 PM Newscast

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
According to local media reports (mostly dcrtv.com) WDCW is considering a 10 PM newscast that would be a competitor to the WTTG newscast we have now. WDCW has no news department and has tried to add a newscast in the past that was produces by another station but they never lasted. This one would be a bit different in that it would be managed by another Tribune owned station in Richmond VA but would have 6 or so local staffers.

No word on when this might premiere (other than 2016) or even how far along it might be in the planning/consideration cycle.

interesting. I know here in Minneapolis we have competing 9PM newscasts. KMSP Fox 9 has had one for decades (back when it was an Independent, then UPN) and KSTC 45 (sister station to ABC KSTP) has had one for a few years now.

If I am home I watch 45 news....they have more news and weather. Fox 9 likes to have "fluff" pieces and honestly the weather guy makes my skin crawl. He tries to make the weather "cute" by using stupid acronyms when its cold out, purposely mispronounces cities that have a "BR" in them when its cold (Its Brainerd.....not Brrrrrrr-ainerd) and he is the king weather terrorist when snow comes.

According to dcrtv.com it is official WDCW will have a 10 PM newscast that will originate from Richmond VA. The reported start date is Monday April 18.

Interesting. This means those with CW50 as a DNS/Fill in station will have a chance to view another city's news. Now if they would just bring the CW DNS into the modern era and make it HD

Reactions: Mr Tony
It will be DC news it will just be produced by the Tribune owned station in Richmond.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts