weak UHF reception

bajaboggs

Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
I'm sure this has been asked 1000's of times. I have a concrete house and my UHF remote for TV2 can't get to my dish box. I have the antenna hooked up fine and the 2nd tv is on a deck outside, funny enough, if I touch the remote to the aluminum frame of the sliding glass door the signal works, but this is funky. How can I boost the signal or reception? Is there an aftermarket antenna that will help or some other solution?

yes, i have heard that, but i read in another thread that glass between the tv location and receiver can cause issues, I have hurricane sliding windows that block 6.0mhz wireless phones as well as my UHF tv2 remote. I think i need something a little beefier than a little extra cable.

If you can run the cable to the outside, then attach the antenna, it should work fine. I suppose there may be some kind of signal amp on the market if you're not interested in running the cable to the outside. :)

What i did was ,use a spitter and coax to combine tv2 out and antenna together into one wire,then at tv2 use another splitter in reverse to seperate ,one going to tv2 and the other goining to antenna,This way the remote is closer to the antenna,problem solved

Remove the battery cover and put the remote in B code, a little switch inside. Then I think you hit record to change. the book tells how to change

The splitter trick works best, this puts the antenna right behind the tv and in the room where the remote is. I wouldn't recommend changing the remote code (if you have a 6.3 remote) since this probably won't solve your dilemma, it just gives you a different set of frequencies for the remote if there are other remotes nearby interfering with yours.

If B mode works so great then why don't they use that by default? How does that differ from A (or default) mode?

If B mode works so great then why don't they use that by default? How does that differ from A (or default) mode?

It's just a different frequency. Hopefully what ever was blocking the one won't block the other. It is also know by installers that the factory setting of channel 1 is the weakest signal. I always change the remote for the 2nd tv to something like channel 3,5,7, or 9. If that does not work then I use the splitter trick, as it always works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)