Weather Nation HD coming to Directv Ch 361

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Those of you who do not know how this works DirecTV is the provider and then there's networks the directory buys channels from the networks are the ones who put programming on DirecTV just disputes all the channels to you

I like this channel. They give weather like it should be.

We have a weather channel at last. I hope it stays this way. I have this app on my Android phone and so glad to see that it is now on Directv.

one thing I noticed is its off by about 15 minutes compared to the subchannel version that I have here in Minneapolis on my local NBC
So what I see at 11:30 on KARE-DT2 I see at 11:45ish on the national feed....weird (the time shows fine on the nat'l feed)

I wonder if my local WeatherNation is some sort of "highlights" channel. The programming that is there is not the same as the national feed. There is completely different material, but the graphics are the same, even some of the same people. The national feed is much better!

I wonder if they will ever partner with local stations to offer local coverage of severe weather outbreaks, hurricanes, etc.

Update: The Directv feed does not have "Local on the 5's" which my local feed has. Sometimes the material that airs in between is something that already aired on the national feed, sometimes, it's something that I haven't seen on the national feed yet. Not everything that is on the Directv feed airs on the local channel. Very weird. I will keep an eye on it.

Last edited:
The Weather Channel is no longer. it is merely an appendage of MSNBC.
The service has gone from a channel based on weather forecasting, hard news about weather to a fluff news service aimed at a stay at home mommy demographic.
It has also taken on NBCU's left bias political stance on news items.
Oh, and some of the female on camera talent have been using such juvenile terms as "icky" and "yucky" to describe weather conditions.
I am sick of Stephanie Abram's silly descriptors. Such as the "hamburger" when explaining a temperature inversion....
A hamburger"? Really?....
I rarely if ever watch TWC anymore.

The naming of winter storms.....I can't stand how TWC on camera talent is trying to promote this as thought other weather reporting outlets should treat this as the norm.
The naming is so corny and contrived.
It is not real weather, so they should just cut the crap.

Who cares? Let NBCU pull their channels.
It won't last. The ratings drop would hammer the service's employment rolls. Comcast/NBCU cannot follow through with that.
The only channel in that bunch that's worth a crap is CNBC. And I can easily switch over to Fox Business or Bloomberg.

Those of you who do not know how this works DirecTV is the provider and then there's networks the directory buys channels from the networks are the ones who put programming on DirecTV just disputes all the channels to you

I have no idea what I just read. Could you please punctuate sentences and separate ideas.
Thanks!

I wonder if my local WeatherNation is some sort of "highlights" channel. The programming that is there is not the same as the national feed. There is completely different material, but the graphics are the same, even some of the same people. The national feed is much better!

I wonder if they will ever partner with local stations to offer local coverage of severe weather outbreaks, hurricanes, etc.
if there is a storm the local station can cut in. They do that here on KARE
Update: The Directv feed does not have "Local on the 5's" which my local feed has. Sometimes the material that airs in between is something that already aired on the national feed, sometimes, it's something that I haven't seen on the national feed yet. Not everything that is on the Directv feed airs on the local channel. Very weird. I will keep an eye on it.
I've started noticing that too. The local on the 5's is a cut in (taped) from the local station

it went live this morning.

This is the first I'm learning of it. And DirecTV typically adds a new channel at 6 a.m. ET. So I'm learning about this a good 15 hours later. That's how important this addition is to me. (Thanks, in general, for that info.)

Great addition IMO.
What a great idea. Actually showing weather on a weather channel.:)

15-yr DirecTV subscriber, switched to my local cable a couple years back, saving money. But having second thoughts and came here looking to get caught up. But this thread is giving me real pause. WeatherNation over Weather Channel? Really? Do I want to get my news from the DrudgeReport or the New York Times? What's next Billy Bob's Sports for ESPN? If this is for real, I'll stick with my cable. :-(

15-yr DirecTV subscriber, switched to my local cable a couple years back, saving money. But having second thoughts and came here looking to get caught up. But this thread is giving me real pause. WeatherNation over Weather Channel? Really? Do I want to get my news from the DrudgeReport or the New York Times? What's next Billy Bob's Sports for ESPN? If this is for real, I'll stick with my cable. :-(
You can still get the Weather Channel but now you have a choice between it and Weather Nation. What could be wrong with that?

:welcome to Satelliteguys Peter!

Like John said, they didn't substitute WeatherNation for the Weather Channel, they have both. I actually like the new channel as they give weather forecasts 24/7, something they haven't done on the Weather Channel for a while.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts