Welcome Home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kudos on the new design. looks nice. I still like the dark theme better, but, the layout of the new theme looks sharp.

Scott,

Is there anyway to make the mark forums read part of the sticky navigation? On my IPad it has a menu button that is always present to mark forums read. On the PC, it scrolls down, so I need to scroll up to mark forms read.

I have not found a button to do that yet. :)

You can however click on the ^ in the blue box on the bottom right and that will take your immediately to the top of the page.

I am looking for a solution though.

I've noticed that the moving NEWS banner is causing scrolling issues.When the banner is resetting it seems to freeze and so does the entire page,scrolling will stop while the banner resets then jump way past where you were once the banner resets.
This doesn't occur once you're in a forum or thread where the News banner isn't present.
using 2016 no sticky

I prefer keeping Android and iOS separate. Not really a common topic.

Reactions: DWS44
Scott,

Is there anyway to make the mark forums read part of the sticky navigation? On my IPad it has a menu button that is always present to mark forums read. On the PC, it scrolls down, so I need to scroll up to mark forms read.

I found a mod that lets you mark a forum read by clicking on its forum icon. Would this work for you?

On the old style the top two lines were sticky so I would always get at Mark Forums Read. Can you do the same thing with the new style?
upload_2017-3-28_12-57-28.png

upload_2017-3-28_12-58-47.png

As I said I have not found a way to do it in the new style. Since this stuff was custom written for us a lot of things are hard coded.

The 2017 style seems more user friendly on an Android browser.

Somewhat loaded question... is there value to Poke's seemingly automated posting of so much news in different areas? Personally it's killed any desire to use those forums, as the amount of news stuffed into sticky posts (which just seem like a way to contain him rather than stop him) makes it difficult to discuss anything beyond a drive-by comment. When it's just a steady stream of links and pasted articles there is rarely discussion. People who are invested in discussing a topic tend to post more than a one-liner or a link, and continue to participate in threads/topics IMO. Anyways, just wondering. There are entire forums where he is 90%+ of the posts, and there is just the occasional reply or comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts