Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
The Format War is on! Here at SatelliteGuys we feel it's silly and unproductive to shut off people just because they express their opinions and passion. On the other hand, we don't want to see every thread about HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc turn into a fight. So, we decided to create this War Zone.

Feel free to take sides, express your passion and argue the benefits of your favorite format. Nothing's wrong with that! There are a lot of people out there who are undecided about the next DVD format and want to learn more and hear all the sides.

Just keep it civilized! Do not allow personal attacks or flaming! Attack arguments, not people. These are the rules!

With that said, have a nice fight! :D

Please help me understand why there are so many virulent topics and posts about the Blu-ray vs. HD formats. I own both a Blu-Ray (PS3) and a HD (A20) each of which IMHO render very good picture and sound to my home theater system. So at age 65 I guess I am too old to understand why it is necessary berate either format or the people who support that format. Is there really some important difference or is it just for fun and/or is it my d--k is bigger than yours? Just asking so go ahead and attack me if you want.

Please help me understand why there are so many virulent topics and posts about the Blu-ray vs. HD formats. I own both a Blu-Ray (PS3) and a HD (A20) each of which IMHO render very good picture and sound to my home theater system. So at age 65 I guess I am too old to understand why it is necessary berate either format or the people who support that format. Is there really some important difference or is it just for fun and/or is it my d--k is bigger than yours? Just asking so go ahead and attack me if you want.

I think it boils down to a fear that if their chosen format idoes not obliterate the other, then theirs will die, and they will stuck with another Digital Compact Cassette or Minidisc.

Therefore, this thing degenerates into something a little less virulent than the Red Sox - Yankees rivalry.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)