What a Gift!!

No one has to take the price increases. People choose to remain with (insert the name of every TV provider here) and accept the increases....
Yep, I dropped from AT250 to the 120+ package and haven't missed a channel (Fox Sports One may be missed next Fall). Also dropped one Joey and will drop the 2nd one soon. So, because of the $13 increase (I think my math was correct) I will be saving $27-$34/mo. Thanks Dish!

HWS is zippier but the 34 wasn't bad. I had a 34 and 3 24's (all free) but the constant resets (and audio issues) drove me to Dish and the Hoppers. Unfortunately we have to reset the Hoppers (now HWS) at least once a week in order to view recorded content from the other HWS in the house.

Sounds like you may have a problem with cabling, connectors or even power.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

No one has to take the price increases. People choose to remain with (insert the name of every TV provider here) and accept the increases....

Yep, I dropped from AT250 to the 120+ package and haven't missed a channel (Fox Sports One may be missed next Fall). Also dropped one Joey and will drop the 2nd one soon. So, because of the $13 increase (I think my math was correct) I will be saving $27-$34/mo. Thanks Dish!
I've kept mine in well in check too:

2001: $50
2002: $52
2003: $64 upped a package level
2004: $66
2005: $68
2006: $70
2007: $60 Dish Mover promo
2008: $66 added multisport
2009: $74 promo over
2010: $78
2011: $83
2012: $76 dropped multisport
2013: $72 downgraded a package

I've kept mine in well in check too:

2001: $50
2002: $52
2003: $64 upped a package level
2004: $66
2005: $68
2006: $70
2007: $60 Dish Mover promo
2008: $66 added multisport
2009: $74 promo over
2010: $78
2011: $83
2012: $76 dropped multisport
2013: $72 downgraded a package

I've tried to keep mine down too over the years,but it gets exhausting keeping up with all the changes and having to change receivers out etc. In 2010 I had like three dvrs and had to get rid of all but one in order to escape the extra $17.00 a month for each 722 on my account. So I traded them in and got just two 211s & paid the $40.00 to turn them into dvrs. Then the hopper came along and now it will go up again after I bought a 2nd hopper last year and it was supposedly grandfathered,till now. I am really leaning towards keeping the 2nd hopper since there won't really be any savings over a super joey other than $2.00. It might pay to keep the 2nd hopper to keep me and my wife from having to share one hopper . But the only problem is that she sometimes deletes my shows on my hopper, when she thinks she is on hers ,while watching in the living room.

I've tried to keep mine down too over the years,but it gets exhausting keeping up with all the changes and having to change receivers out etc. In 2010 I had like three dvrs and had to get rid of all but one in order to escape the extra $17.00 a month for each 722 on my account. So I traded them in and got just two 211s & paid the $40.00 to turn them into dvrs. Then the hopper came along and now it will go up again after I bought a 2nd hopper last year and it was supposedly grandfathered,till now. I am really leaning towards keeping the 2nd hopper since there won't really be any savings over a super joey other than $2.00. It might pay to keep the 2nd hopper to keep me and my wife from having to share one hopper . But the only problem is that she sometimes deletes my shows on my hopper, when she thinks she is on hers ,while watching in the living room.

You should become a Dish retailer. lol. We have to help people figure out their bills and keep up to date on all the business rules, equipment changes, program changes, promotions starting and ending and all kinds of other weird things that I'd never be able to think up. It's similar hanging out on here but way more stressful. If it's a friendly customer it can actually be fun, like figuring out a puzzle. Then we have days where the customer is a demanding jerk and expects everything done to his impossible standards and to be done free. Those are the days you rethink what you're doing with your life. :D

Anybody else get a LARGE piece of (Junk Mail) from Dish that had 1 free PPV certificate!! Why did they waste so much money? A simple email would have been fine. The envelope said "special thank you" I know they were trying to put "Lipstick" on the pig about their price increase but I think subs would find this as an "Insult" to our intelligence.. I hope (For Dish's Sake) that other subs may have gotten better gifts..I really that charlie knows about this complete and total waste of resources.

Lucky DAWG! You got a free PPV coupon? All I got was a month worth of free EPIX (I don't need their free EPIX, I get EPIX through Amazon Prime and NetFlix) and some free movies that I'll never watch next month on the Blockbuster channel.

Lucky DAWG! You got a free PPV coupon? All I got was a month worth of free EPIX (I don't need their free EPIX, I get EPIX through Amazon Prime and NetFlix) and some free movies that I'll never watch next month on the Blockbuster channel.

For those who don't sub to Amazon or Netflix (and even if you did, still not really getting all of Epix) it's a nice offer.

I got the mailer, but I do not think I will use the PPV, I have never used any of the free PPVs Dish has sent me... Maybe they are just sending the same one over and over...

Again a whole bunch of nothing.

Lets tally what I gained!
1. Epix free for 1 month....hmmm I have AEP with BB@H and superstations......no benefit to me.
2. Dish Movie Mania......with over 4,000 titles in my DVD/BD collection..............no benefit to me.
3. 1,000 Free on Demand...well if this refers to BB@H I already pay for it. I never saw where I can access Dish content online with my 612s or 722 receivers....no benefit to me.
4. Over 60 Free month long previews.....again,AEP..........no benefit to me.
5. Free PPV cert. .............hmmmm,Didn't get one here........no benefit to me.

Total Benefit to ME..........ZERO (as usual)
Actually the "We value you as our customer and appreciate your business" did net me a price increase next month from my current $175.00 bill. I guess I can count that as a plus for being a customer since 1999(at this location). :confused:

Same here - my gift back was to drop to a lower package for the first time since 1997 (250 back to 120+).

Same here - my gift back was to drop to a lower package for the first time since 1997 (250 back to 120+).

I think a lot of us will be dropping back to 120+ (at least until Fall). Now $ 10 cheaper than AT200 and Heartland can be added at half price for $ 2.50 ~ 7-8 bucks a month less for essentially the same package (minus TCM and NFL). Takes care of their price increase, at least until September.

Lets tally what I gained!
1. Epix free for 1 month....hmmm I have AEP with BB@H and superstations......no benefit to me.
2. Dish Movie Mania......with over 4,000 titles in my DVD/BD collection..............no benefit to me.
3. 1,000 Free on Demand...well if this refers to BB@H I already pay for it. I never saw where I can access Dish content online with my 612s or 722 receivers....no benefit to me.
4. Over 60 Free month long previews.....again,AEP..........no benefit to me.
5. Free PPV cert. .............hmmmm,Didn't get one here........no benefit to me.

Total Benefit to ME..........ZERO (as usual)
Actually the "We value you as our customer and appreciate your business" did net me a price increase next month from my current $175.00 bill. I guess I can count that as a plus for being a customer since 1999(at this location). :confused:

So what are you expecting from them. If you already subscribe to everything what more can they offer you? Just get a hold of customer retention and see what kind of discounts they can give you to keep you happy.

So what are you expecting from them. If you already subscribe to everything what more can they offer you? Just get a hold of customer retention and see what kind of discounts they can give you to keep you happy.

Respect....not a bunch of bs to hide a price increase

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I think a lot of us will be dropping back to 120+ (at least until Fall). Now $ 10 cheaper than AT200 and Heartland can be added at half price for $ 2.50 ~ 7-8 bucks a month less for essentially the same package (minus TCM and NFL).
...and MLB and NHL and ID and SCI and for my kids TNICK and HUB and DISXD and APL and NTGEO

no, we dropped to AT200 and will stay there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)