What do I need...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dawgman

Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
to reach OTA signals 90 to 100 miles away. I live in the center of South Georgia and all of my locals are at least 90 miles away.

Jacksonville 100 miles
Albany 95 miles
Savannah 100 miles
Macon 100 miles
Atlanta 190 miles

These are all approximate, not as the crow flies.
Is it worth even worrying about?
Will it be too expensive?
I'm just frustrated to see on my networks using an 811 receiver "simulcast in HD - where available" and getting a crappy SD signal with black bars on the side.

If anyone has any ideas or othre options I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Dawg

The easiest thing to try is talking to your neighbors. See what antennas they use and what stations they can get. You can check www.antennaweb.org , but you are pretty far out. A very deep fringe UHF/VHF antennas might work if you are up on a hill and there is nothing blocking you in those directions (like no mountains). I can get some stations from Dallas, about 100 miles away from me by using a very long range UHF antenna. My mast is pretty high (35 feet or so about 5 foot above a two story house).

Drive around and see what people have. This is the best way to get ideas.

this is a great fringe antenna. Winegard HD9095p

I agree with using antennaweb, but sometimes, depending how new stations may be, or what stations report, antennaweb (and others) do not always have full info listed. It is a great tool though!

Thanks for your replies. I'll check that out. I've checked antenneaweb but I don't quite understand it yet but I'm reading it and I'll figure it out.

Again Thanks

Dawg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)