What is DIRECTV's new GENIE?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
then you've got people like me
ABC-0
NBC-1 (but that might be gone after this week)
FOX-0
CBS-1

Now if PTAT was like History, TruTV, A&E then we'd be looking at numbers like that ;)

And that is why one system doesn't quite fit all. For those that watch a lot of broadcast, the PTAT system could very well be the best way to do it, especially from a recording management point of view. Whereas those that watch little of broadcast would be better served with more tuners in one box.

In my case, I would prefer a either an HR34 or Hopper/Joey setup because I watch a lot of TV and much of it broadcast channels. My current setup works, but because D* has not gotten central management in place, it is a bit of a PITA.

And that is why one system doesn't quite fit all. For those that watch a lot of broadcast, the PTAT system could very well be the best way to do it, especially from a recording management point of view. Whereas those that watch little of broadcast would be better served with more tuners in one box.

and I've been saying that for months ;)

You'd lose that bet, although not as often as I had thought. Just next week there are 3 times that I will be recording 3 at that same time, and once that I'll be recording 4.

And remembering last year, there were plenty of times I would record 3 at a time, and some 4 at a time. Talking nothing but broadcast channels.

Really .... you find 4 shows on at the same time on the major networks that you HAVE to see ?

Sure, theres alot of stuff I could record, but I don't usually record things unless I know I want to see them.

Really .... you find 4 shows on at the same time on the major networks that you HAVE to see ?

Sure, theres alot of stuff I could record, but I don't usually record things unless I know I want to see them.

Who said I "HAVE" to see them? I want to see them and that is more than good enough. But let's get real, just how much do any of us watch that is just so damned important that we couldn't survive if we missed them? I enjoy watching TV, and I watch at all times of the day or night, but there's nothing I just have to have. Frankly push come to shove, I could go to OTA and Netflix and be occupied plenty. But I have Premier, HD Extra Pack and NFLST because I want them, and since I'm paying for them, I'll be watching more than I ought to! :)

And of course, with the new shows, you don't know if you'll like them until you watch at least one episode!

For me, PTAT=Dish=PIA=BTDT. How'd all this Aussie stuff get here anyway. I guess next we'll have a tailgater setup called "Shrimp on the Barbie".

Yeah, I just read that over there. A glorified 'you might like' just for the HR34. Frankly I think our guesses here make more sense from a marketing point of view. I know I'm not impressed with the idea of 'you might like' redone.

I dont even use the "you might like/whats on now" because 1/2 the time the whats on now is stuff I have recorded already.

Who said I "HAVE" to see them? I want to see them and that is more than good enough. But let's get real, just how much do any of us watch that is just so damned important that we couldn't survive if we missed them? I enjoy watching TV, and I watch at all times of the day or night, but there's nothing I just have to have. Frankly push come to shove, I could go to OTA and Netflix and be occupied plenty. But I have Premier, HD Extra Pack and NFLST because I want them, and since I'm paying for them, I'll be watching more than I ought to! :)

And of course, with the new shows, you don't know if you'll like them until you watch at least one episode!

Thank you, you made my point !

so it sounds like....

Genie = HR34
Genie Recommends = software feature of the renamed HR34

Well looks like the Genie is out of the bottle... and guess where you heard about it FIRST?

Yup right here at SatelliteGuys. :D

I am told there is more to Genie that was has been announced so far... but what that more is I don't know... is it the auto commercial skip? Maybe. But we won't find out until that new features gets uncorked itself. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts