What is DIRECTV's new GENIE?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Did you report about it? We have been talking about it in the pub for a few months now. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Did you report about it? We have been talking about it in the pub for a few months now. :)

Nope , No one was aloud to report about untill today. If you guys were talking about it for months, I'm surprised no one had any Idea what it was.

Your title on the subject yesterday was interesting. LOL! But yes DBS talk was talking about it for months, and using the software for about a month.

Point is if you want to know anything about Directv, you don't come here. Dish info sure this is the place. But thanks for trying.:)

Nope , No one was aloud to report about untill today. If you guys were talking about it for months, I'm surprised no one had any Idea what it was.

Your title on the subject yesterday was interesting. LOL! But yes DBS talk was talking about it for months, and using the software for about a month.

Point is if you want to know anything about Directv, you don't come here. Dish info sure this is the place. But thanks for trying.:)

Says who, no one here! If it's in the CE program here, it gets talked about outside of the CE forum. At dbstalk, they kowtow to Directv and don't allow anyone to mention it until they are told they can. There may be more coverage of Directv at dbstalk, but the "air" here is much cleaner.

dtro77 said:

And yet you keep coming back here which shows me and everyone else you also know what's the better site. :D

That "review" wasn't supposed to be released yet in fact I told Stewart just typed it up last night because I spilled the beans. Got to love it. :)

I think he meant to say if you want to only know things that Directv says that they can say then go there.

I know for a FACT that most of the DIRECTV info posted there is only posted when DIRECTV says its ok for them to post and not a minute before.

As I said the Genie review wouldn't have been posted there today if I didn't spill the beans yesterday... And from what I am told by my DIRECTV contacts that is a fact as well. :D

The Genie Recommends is from the CE program that the dbstalk members aren't allowed to talk about unless Directv says they can.

Oooh, a "this website is better than that website" contest. Let us know who "wins"!!

That's not how I look at it. They cover Directv more thoroughly, Dish more so here. The difference is the openness allowed here that is forbidden there. Does that make this site better? Why don't you tell us Hall?

People like the sites they like and bickering like 11-year olds isn't going to change anyone's mind. Did I reference one site or the other as to which is "better" ? Nope..... Define "better" anyway since you used that term. You can't... Get my point ?

People like the sites they like and bickering like 11-year olds isn't going to change anyone's mind. Did I reference one site or the other as to which is "better" ? Nope..... Define "better" anyway since you used that term. You can't... Get my point ?

Nice flame, calling us 11 year olds. :rolleyes: I didn't hear anyone bickering, I saw people posting opinions. YOU were the one who used the term "better", I repeated it. Got any other grenades you want to toss into the conversation?

We already know who the winner is!!!
Yep DBSTALK for Directv issues, Questions, Customer service and First looks.
Satellite Guys for Dish Network issues, Question,Customer service and First Looks.

If I ever get a hopper system. I know where to go. :)
Nothing wrong with that.
But maybe we don't need to try and pat ourselves on the back when we THINK we were the first to report something ALL the TIME. ;)

You got an HR 34 Scott?

So if I was into logic, I might think there's a relationship between what the other site doesn't do and does, versus what we do and don't do.

-- -It's been stated here repeatedly that the other site has to wait to post about things until DIRECTV approves it.

--- It's a fact that the other site has had way more first looks of new hardware and services than our site.

--- We share any news about DIRECTV as soon as any of us feel like sharing it, whether it's rumor, speculation, or wishful thinking, or hard fact.

--- Our last exclusive hardware first look was ... ?

Could it be that DIRECTV gives the other site all of those opportunities to test products and services simply because the other site works with DIRECTV, and DIRECTV works with the other site?

We're so "rebel" here it seems DIRECTV won't give us the time of day, so yeah, I would expect to see more DIRECTV news at the other site...

Optimist, you should go back and read Scott's many posts on this very subject.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)