What is the best way to hook my internet connection up to my VIP722 HD DVR receiver??

Throw in my own $0.02

We have a VIP 722 that connects to the Internet via a pair of bridged wireless access points (WAPs). You can read about the setup here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/170939-connecting-vip722-using-wireless-network.html

This has been working for four months at our home. The phone line that I had rigged to allow the DVR to talk with the DISH mothership is bye-bye.

I'm happy with the way it is working. Plus I get a much stronger signal on my WiFi connection when using a laptop in distant (from our cable modem & WAP #1) parts of the house.

Update: since I wrote the initial post about connecting my VIP 722 wirelessly to the Internet, I added another component to the chain of hardware:

Cable Modem --> Ooma VOIP hub --> Hardware router/firewall --> Wireless access point ===== Wireless access point --> Dish DVR.

So far, everything is working great.

Last edited:
need help with homeplug for 722

Im planning on buying netgear xe102 for my 722, my question is do i need one or two homeplugs? One for the router that i need to connect in my office, and one near my 722 in another room, or will the 722 pick up the one since it has a homeplug? Thanks Harv

Im planning on buying netgear xe102 for my 722, my question is do i need one or two homeplugs? One for the router that i need to connect in my office, and one near my 722 in another room, or will the 722 pick up the one since it has a homeplug? Thanks Harv

Someone above said you only need the one at the router. I bought two because my 722 and EHD are hooked up to a battery backup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)