What is the Dishnetwork DVR Service Fee?

What is the Dishnetwork DVR Service Fee? If I own two dvr

Here is my current billing statement.

Can anyone explain to me why there is the Dishnetwork DVR service fee? What is it for?

I have four receivers, two are DVR625 and two are Solo rec. Two dvr I own and connect to phone line and two solo are on lease.

New Monthly Charge(s) 09/01 to 10/01

Hindi Mega package with local $64.99
Classic Broze 100 $34.99
Punjabi package $19.99
DVR SERVICE FEE $11.96
DUO DVR RECEIVER $5.00
DUO DVR RECEIVER $5.00
SOLO RECEIVER $5.00
Totals $146.93

Here is my current billing statement.

Can anyone explain to me why there is the Dishnetwork DVR service fee? What is it for?

I have four receivers, two are DVR625 and two are Solo rec. Two dvr I own and connect to phone line and two solo are on lease.

New Monthly Charge(s) 09/01 to 10/01

Hindi Mega package with local $64.99
Classic Broze 100 $34.99
Punjabi package $19.99
DVR SERVICE FEE $11.96
DUO DVR RECEIVER $5.00
DUO DVR RECEIVER $5.00
SOLO RECEIVER $5.00
Totals $146.93

DVR Service Fee is for the privilege of having the 2-625 receivers. It is the service fee for having DVR.

Geoff

Michael90, looks like your bill can be reduced by 0.98 by switching your bundle to "Bronze plus Locals with DVR" and leaving the Hindi pack as a separate item.

Thanks, Guys

What are these fees?
DUO DVR RECEIVER $5.00
DUO DVR RECEIVER $5.00

Even these receivers hook to phone line. They're should any charge

There is always a charge for each extra box. If the box is a Duo receiver, not hooked up to a phone line (or alternately the internet for the ViP line), there is yet another outlet fee. You have a 625, another 625, and what are your Solo receivers?

I Have been told by customer service,before dish introduced the fees for dvr, that if you had a dvr you were grandfathered in against any fees or further fees. so If you didnt have a dvr fee before february of 2010, then you were golden.

I Have been told by customer service,before dish introduced the fees for dvr, that if you had a dvr you were grandfathered in against any fees or further fees. so If you didnt have a dvr fee before february of 2010, then you were golden.

Didn't work for me....

I believe only those who own the 501/508 are exempted from the DVR fees but lately, the shows are moving to HD. Therefore, 501/508 will not be usable on those HD shows (MPEG4?). Also, some have use the 222k and activate using one time eternal HD with no monthly fee?
Perhaps using 222k is much cheaper way for DVR.

In case you guys didn't notice, this thread is two years old. Things have changed.

Dish's fee structure is beyond the comprehension of most mortals but basically
- per account $6 for any number of DVRs
- each DVR costs more than a non-DVR on the "additional receiver" fees
- the ViP922 costs even more than that

I believe only those who own the 501/508 are exempted from the DVR fees but lately, the shows are moving to HD. Therefore, 501/508 will not be usable on those HD shows (MPEG4?). Also, some have use the 222k and activate using one time eternal HD with no monthly fee?
Perhaps using 222k is much cheaper way for DVR.

***NOTE*** EHD is not available on any VIP222 receivers!!!

Why would this reciever be excluded from using an ehd when the 211 can. This makes no sense to me.

IIRC, because the 222 (two tuners) would require a completely different software build, and the idea was abandoned.

IIRC, because the 222 (two tuners) would require a completely different software build, and the idea was abandoned.

Did Dish ever say it was abandoned? I think they just stopped talking about it and Dish hoped we forgot they had said it was coming. I am afraid the sling extender is the same type of empty coming soon promise.

Assuming the underlying hardware is the same (and it's not) EHD support for a ViP222 would probably be easiest starting with the ViP722 code, changing it to look for the primary drive on USB, and disabling the popup error messages for a missing hard drive. It wouldn't be the same or as easy as for a ViP211 because of the second tuner and the fact that having a second tuner opens up the possibilities included in the 722 such as record while watching something else and all that.

I am really surprised it ever saw the light of day on the 211, they basically traded $40 "now" for $6 "forever" when they did that.

Did Dish ever say it was abandoned? I think they just stopped talking about it and Dish hoped we forgot they had said it was coming. I am afraid the sling extender is the same type of empty coming soon promise.

I believe there was an explaination at one time that the 222 had a version of hardware that could not take the EHD. But, Dish had not real way of tracking which version of hardware a particular box was, so it would be too big of a mess to try to roll out EHDs to certain 222s and not others. So, the 222 was abandoned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)