What is your most and least favorite of all the diginets in your DMA.

Why you putting Hubbard in that group? Minneapolis has me this antenna and h&I thanks to Hubbard
Speaking of Hubbard, I was going through one of the stations on rabbit ears they own, I noticed Hubbard has a big agreement with This, most of their stations have it. Plus at the rate This was being replaced, between Tribune and Hubbard, This should be stable for years to come. At 118 stations right now....(had forgot to mention this a couple months ago)

Speaking of Hubbard, I was going through one of the stations on rabbit ears they own, I noticed Hubbard has a big agreement with This, most of their stations have it.
correct. That was the first sub they added was This.
But they only have 3 affiliates (Minneapolis, Albert Lea and New Mexico...all those translators in NM are identical to the main station KOB)
They have 4 MeTV affiliates

correct. That was the first sub they added was This.
But they only have 3 affiliates (Minneapolis, Albert Lea and New Mexico...all those translators in NM are identical to the main station KOB)
They have 4 MeTV affiliates

Wasn't ThisTV the first stable sub added nationwide. I know down where I live Retro/This were first that I remember. I went back again and KOB has at least 34 of stations, or translators that Hubbard owns. I guess when your big cities are very few and far between like NM and AZ Translators are quite plentiful. Hubbard's Flagship Station must be the two that have the Weigel/Tribune Subchannels (KSTC/KSTP)....

Wasn't ThisTV the first stable sub added nationwide.
I would say that RTN (now RTV) was probably the first one. But This would be a close 2nd

I went back again and KOB has at least 34 of stations, or translators that Hubbard owns. I guess when your big cities are very few and far between like NM and AZ Translators are quite plentiful.
correct. But the thing with translators is it doesnt have to be the same owner as the "mothership". There are lots of translators owned by private companies.

Hubbard's Flagship Station must be the two that have the Weigel/Tribune Subchannels (KSTC/KSTP)....
yup. KSTP is the flagship. (ABC...they've owned it since 1948). KSTC came along later and is just an Independent station. They always had the subchannels on it when they went digital. What's interesting is Hubbard has 2 satellite stations in the Minneapolis market (a satellite station is a full power station that rebroadcasts ANOTHER full power station) and on both of those is a hybrid of stations from the 2 Minneapolis ones. -1 is ABC (from KSTP), -2 is KSTC in SD and -3 is MeTV

Reactions: localclassictvfan
I welcome any new subchannel if I like the programming or not, because unlike cable I don't pay anything for them. However, out of them all, my family watches MeTV, COZI and Decades the most. Grit is very close on the list as well. Looking forward to receiving Antenna TV on January 1, 2016, but am going to miss GetTV, especially now that they added variety shows on Monday nights.

I'm going to nominate LeSea's WHT as my least favorite diginet in my DMA. WHT always seems to either be repeating a program already shown on our main LeSea full power station, WHMB, or it is showing very questionable preachers (Call now for your miracle spring water / cloth / oil!) - and then there's the outright infomercials. I did notice they carry a bit of E/I programming on the weekend that was a little interesting, but that was it. Also the picture quality isn't very good, considering it's the only subchannel, and the main channel is only in 720p. I wish they would replace it with either FETV or WHF, the two networks LeSea has on Dish. I understand they probably can't carry FETV in Indianapolis because we already have a full time COZI affiliate on WTHR 13.2, but even WHF would be an improvement because at least it has less infomercials and duplicate programming.

I will say this, I wrote to them recently asking why they don't carry any other subchannels/diginets, and they were very responsive and up front - basically they would need to be able to sell ads on any additional channels to make the numbers work, and as an independent station, they probably wouldn't get cable carriage for subchannels, so they feel the ad market would be limited. I think they probably carry WHT because it doesn't cost anything and gives LeSea a few more households on which to sell national advertising.

Most favorite: Create. There are some good cooking shows on there. Also Megahertz Worldview for the international news. Least favorite: Classic Arts Showcase. Boring! In addition to those 3, my only other choices are Movies, MeTV, PBS Plus, PBS World Channel, and CW...

well after 2 months AntennaTV goes back to the favorite.
Buzzr just getting tired of the same shows. My god I've seen the Press Your Luck Christmas episodes 4 times now in 2 months

Reactions: Blindowl1234
Well I'll bow my head this month, in order: Drum Roll please: ThisTV, Antenna/Ion/H&I tie, MeTV.

This has been showing great movies and well In the heat of the night is my favorite show
Antenna just has this great lineup you enjoy no matter if it stays the same for the unforseeable future
Ion is better as a subchannel (free).
H&I is a great channel. the two hour blocks of Commish/Hill Street/Hunter/NYPD and the old classic heroes.....
Yeah I put Me last not because of the line up but half the stuff I was watching went to WNBC 4's Cozi TV. Then no Ironside, Adam 12, Magnum.

It's all good hopefully buy next July I can actually make a top 10. Hey good news is we're working on number 8, possibly 9 (includes KPLC subchannels and if Escape launches on 7.4 and whenever the lwn replacement shows up.

Since we're on the subject if ThisTV why cant The Works launch on the same channels or areas that have this tv since they're SISTER stations....

Last edited:
well after 2 months AntennaTV goes back to the favorite.
Buzzr just getting tired of the same shows. My god I've seen the Press Your Luck Christmas episodes 4 times now in 2 months
Its funny how you can get "Well I've had enough" of the repeats of some diginets and not others.....the game shows yeah I can see why. the block programming on decades, well depends if it's interesting to the individual (i.e. ironside the whole weekend). It's strange that Me, H&I, and Antenna can repeat the same stuff and you'll never get tired of it.

Its funny how you can get "Well I've had enough" of the repeats of some diginets and not others.....the game shows yeah I can see why. the block programming on decades, well depends if it's interesting to the individual (i.e. ironside the whole weekend). It's strange that Me, H&I, and Antenna can repeat the same stuff and you'll never get tired of it.
Well lets see
AntennaTV the repeats are months apart. One Day at a Time is in Season 2 for the 3rd time and it started in April. Thats 8 months
$ale of the Century has been on Buzzr a month + now and last night they showed repeats already. Its only on once a week for 2 shows. Surely they have more than a dozen shows in the vault ;)

I've already spoken of Press Your Luck and Match Game of the repeats all the time.

Reactions: Blindowl1234
Well lets see
AntennaTV the repeats are months apart. One Day at a Time is in Season 2 for the 3rd time and it started in April. Thats 8 months
$ale of the Century has been on Buzzr a month + now and last night they showed repeats already. Its only on once a week for 2 shows. Surely they have more than a dozen shows in the vault ;)

I've already spoken of Press Your Luck and Match Game of the repeats all the time.
Wow Buzzr doing some major repeating. BAD. We shouldn't have that problem with that on the MeTV, Antenna, and H&I.

Wow Buzzr doing some major repeating.
exactly. As example I've only seen Match Game 78 episodes and PYL from 1983 with maybe a week or two into 1984. It seems odd that Freemantle has the rights to these shows (and they are part owner in Buzzr) yet they barely scratch the surface.

It would be like MeTV and AntennaTV only show one season of your favorite show

And I'll add this since I remember when I had free to air and someone complained about a new channel there were always people saying

QUIT YOUR COMPLAINING....ITS FREE

Look. I understand its free. But when there are so many options out there and for some of us even in a major market the option of subs is few and far between due to ownership of the stations. Like I've posted a few times there are smaller markets than Minneapolis (some way smaller) that have better options than we do here because the low powered stations there are owned by someone (and not a religious entity) so they can add subs rather easily. I see places like Cincy, Fresno and Wichita, KS that have low powered stations that actually have stuff I would watch. But here they're all tied up with religious networks.

Stations on in Cincy that are not in Minneapolis
Laff, Escape, Bounce,
AMGTV, TuffTV, Cozi, RetroTV, Comet

Stations in Mpls that arent in Cincy
Justice & WXNation

Go to Fresno and its even greater. The only one I have that they don't is Decades
Whats in Fresno that isn't in Mpls
Tuff, Untamed Sports, RevN, BizTV, Cozi, The Works, Heartland
Retro, YouToo, PBJ, Escape, Comet, Laff, AMGTV, EuroNews, BounceTV, Family Channel, France24, CoolTV, Zuus Country

Oh well....some of those I'd like to see (Cozi, Tuff, Zuus Country)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts