What package/packages do you have? Are you "moved"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I have Total Choice Premier and HD Extra Pack. My legit home is in Rochester, MN and I get those locals through an antenna, and I am "moved" to Durand, WI which gives me the Twin Cities, MN and La Crosse, WI locals as well and even CW from Washington, DC. (On a good day my antenna can get locals, including the subchannels from the Twin Cities, MN and La Crosse, WI as well. I just have to rotate it.)

but when I had it at the end...lets see

Digital Bulk MDU (Choice package for a MDU account)
no not "moved" (at the end)

Choice Xtra with nothing else. Can't afford any premiums. I'm with Iceberg, it has gotten way to expensive. Have 4 T.V.'s hooked up and paying close to $100 a month for regular T.V., and thats with a few discounts because I called to cancel at the beginning of the summer when my contract was up. I'll be switching back to cable when this year is up. I wish I could get some over the air programming, but I am in an area where I don't get any ota channels.

Reactions: Mojo Jojo
Choice Xtra with nothing else. Can't afford any premiums. I'm with Iceberg, it has gotten way to expensive. Have 4 T.V.'s hooked up and paying close to $100 a month for regular T.V., and thats with a few discounts because I called to cancel at the beginning of the summer when my contract was up. I'll be switching back to cable when this year is up. I wish I could get some over the air programming, but I am in an area where I don't get any ota channels.

I wish I could switch to cable, but Mediacrap has none of the channels I watch regularly: MLB, NBA, NBCSN Extra Time, UEFA soccer

I'm with Iceberg, it has gotten way to expensive. Have 4 T.V.'s hooked up and paying close to $100 a month for regular T.V., and thats with a few discounts because I called to cancel at the beginning of the summer when my contract was up.
Don't get me wrong. When I lived int he apartment my bill was $20. The package was included in rent. All I had to pay was HD & DVR fee (had a Genie). So when I was going to move I realized I would have to pay for the programming package again. Didn't feel like paying almost $100 for sports and a few shows.

You're an employee, so can you "move"? I would guess not for the company would know where you are. I'd like to see your reply.
doubt he could. Same reason why when I was in the apartment I wasn't moved. (my address was attached to a 0.00 monthly programming)

You're an employee, so can you "move"? I would guess not for the company would know where you are. I'd like to see your reply.
The address on my account has to match the address on my w2. Which even has to match the address on my drivers license. I know this because I actually legit moved last year (same town just bought a house) and my site manager got an email from the gps system in the van asking why it wasn't parked where it was registered for over 10 days or something like that. And i had to file a change of address with dot and fax hr a copy of the temp slip with the new address.

I also know of people that had directv say in their wife's name and then got a job as a tech.. before doing an account conversion they need to be added as an authorized user then complete a transfer of liability to move the account into their name before it can be converted to the employee account.

So yea... we can't move.

I've seen one wierd exception. Another tech on my team was working out of market for an extended period of time and eventually relocated to the neighboring dma where he was working. Had the account moved since the locals did change. Then when he came back like a year or maybe 16 months later he said he was stuck with the wrong locals... they wouldn't move him back to alter programming without a written request from someone in management. I don't know the details to that story other than it got fixed eventually.

Reactions: Mr Tony
I pay like $79 with an employee account.

(1) Genie
(6) HR24's
(2) H25's
Premier
Sunday Ticket
NHL Center Ice
MLB Extra Innings
Full Court
Playboy (For the old man that lives with me)

Way better than that almost $200 I was paying Dish for AEP with (6) 722's a few years ago.

I pay like $79 with an employee account.

(1) Genie
(6) HR24's
(2) H25's
Premier
Sunday Ticket
NHL Center Ice
MLB Extra Innings
Full Court
Playboy (For the old man that lives with me)

Way better than that almost $200 I was paying Dish for AEP with (6) 722's a few years ago.

That's a lot of receivers.. hr would not like us setting that many up lol. Our accounts are limited to 4. I know we can request more but I'm not even sure of the process. I'd love to see pictures of your home setup Claude lol.. since that's over 16 are you using a swm32? or do you have an e1/e2 with two swm16s. Is mrv active?

Choice w/ST. I was "moved" with Dish, primarily so I could watch non-regional NFL games, but no need now that I have Sunday Ticket with DTV. I agree with Iceberg about prices climbing too high, though. If I could get sports some other way I would consider canceling. Still might if prices go up much more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have Ultimate, Showtime (which is in the middle of a $5 off/month for 6 months deal), and HD Extra (on the 3 month free deal). Not moved.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts