What will it take for xstreamhd to succeed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tomcrown1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
San Francisco
Now that xstreamhd will start it's service to the public within the next two month what it will take for them to make it?

Two things

1 be the leader in 3d content. With the lack of 3d content anyone who owns a 3d set is hungry for content. If xstreamhd makes sure they deliver all of the 3d discs and programs that is available they will get an audience that will pay the high upfront cost.

2 deliver the extra contents that can be found on blueray disc. Right now their is no streaming service that offers the extra contents. Q;)

Now that xstreamhd will start it's service to the public within the next two month what it will take for them to make it?

Two things

1 be the leader in 3d content. With the lack of 3d content anyone who owns a 3d set is hungry for content. If xstreamhd makes sure they deliver all of the 3d discs and programs that is available they will get an audience that will pay the high upfront cost.

2 deliver the extra contents that can be found on blueray disc. Right now their is no streaming service that offers the extra contents. Q;)

I doubt this service will ever succeed, with the advent of IPTV exploding all over these place, all satellite services face problems (except for mso's that service rural area subs) unless they can also offer high speed broadband at a economical monthly subscription.

To address your points.

1. To get 3D content, they would have to go to the half-res stuff that you see on DirecTV and cable unless they change all the hardware. Otherwise, they are defeating their whole selling point of better quality (PQ-wise) content.

2. No interest in extras for me.

I initially had interest in this product, but have pretty much given up on it at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)