What Would You Like More Info On?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

What do you want more information on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Those features (with the possible exception of iTunes tagging) have been around for a couple years on the Sirius Starmate receivers. I would doubt that you've missed much in the way of news hardware-wise.

I guess I should be more specific when I say "aftermarket devices". I ment XM-Ready aftermarket headunits that actually replace your car stereo. AFAIK, the tuners for those units on the XM side of the service can't do that. I know there are add-on units that can, like my SkiFi3 or MyFi. Ya, it kinda looks like Sirius radios can already do that through that control bus, but XM isn't that sophisticated.

Last edited:
In the modern CE world, unitizing seems like a giant step backward. Then again, I've never contemplated flashing the firmware on a car deck.

My biggest concern with SARS is that they will finally settle on a single hardware standard and it won't be the one I have. The dual purpose receivers certainly haven't made an appearance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)