Whats for breakfast?

Strawberry pop-tart. Toasted, slathered with butter.

I've never heard of putting butter on pop-tarts! You should give up the pop-tarts anyways and go with toaster strudels. It'd be like switching from pancakes to waffles. :)

I've never heard of putting butter on pop-tarts! You should give up the pop-tarts anyways and go with toaster strudels. It'd be like switching from pancakes to waffles. :)

LOL. Gotta try some melted butter over the tarts, they're excellent.

And, I haven't had pop-tarts in YEARS, but the other day the wife and I went grocery shopping and I had a sudden craving for some good ol' Pop-Tarts. While I was at it, I bought a box of Life Cereal. I feel like I am 12 again. Classic kid food!

I'm migrating toward a bowl of oatmeal most weekday mornings. Add some raisens (or "craisens"), a bit of cinnamon, and artificial sweetner, heat, mix and eat. Should be a healthy meal for someone with HBP and cholesterol concerns...

I also like a whole, pink grapefruit at my desk at work.

Then on the weekend...scrapple!...but that's covered in another thread...!

Scrambled eggs done right ( add milk when breaking the yokes and it adds taste and lightens them ) topped with a zesty red bell pepper relish followed by flakey butter milk biscuits and hickory cured Tennesse bacon washed down with stawberry kiwi koolaid. :D

Baked Apple Pancakes smothered in Maple

Ingredients

• 1/4 Cup Butter (1/2 stick)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 3 TB Cinnamon Sugar
  • 1/3 cup walnuts
Directions

• Preheat oven to 400º and belt butter in glass pie pan
  • Beat eggs, vanilla extract, flour, milk an salt.
  • Toss the sliced apples with cinnamon sugar.
  • Arrange the apple slices and walnuts at the bottom of the pie dish until covering bottom of dish.
  • Pour egg mixture over the apple slices.
  • Sprinkle brown sugar over top of the pie.
  • Bake for 20-25 minutes.
  • Slice and serve with warm maple syrup.
Pictures.....

Attachments

• CIMG2030.JPG
    CIMG2030.JPG
    289.1 KB · Views: 178
  • CIMG2031.JPG
    CIMG2031.JPG
    201.9 KB · Views: 166
  • CIMG2033.JPG
    CIMG2033.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 155
*sigh* three days off now as opposed to four and a change in position that has me spending two days recovering and running around to get things done has made anything other than cereal difficult.