What's growing? or evading your place, i'm fighting BAMBOO

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Salt is organic weed control, it will not discriminate and kill everything. You can buy a 50lb sack of stock salt at just about any farm supply store. Just a thought since chemicals are out of the question.

Salt can be quite effective----but I don't really think it could be called "organic."

Here's a site that will let you know how crazy you are, if you even think about growing bamboo i ripped mine all out. Had to have a machine do it, here is the site

http://www.invasiveplantatlas.org/subject.html?sub=55473

This is the guy I used, I made the ad for him
ALTHEBAMBOOKILLERwithpowerwashedrootA.jpg

It's coincidental that you mention this. I'm off today & had a load of it on a burn pile that I lit this morning.

It sounded like the 4th of July for 45 mins....

bamboo.jpg

Reactions: (((Garyd)))
Well, I is bamboo free now feeling much better, dumbest idea I ever had, talked into it by a guy who is dead now would like to pee on his grave and plant some bamboo on it, but now we have a law here to stop people from planting running bamboo after Oct. 1 2013 and if you do, and it gets off your property, you're looking at $100.00 a day fine

A neighbor that I dislike planted bamboo along his side of the fence, and now it's invading my side. I spent some time on Saturday chopping down some stalks on my side and tossing them back over the fence to his side. I was going to put down some Roundup or something else on my side to kill the stuff, but I was holding back cuz I didn't want to kill all of his. Seems like it's really hard to kill, so maybe I'll just do it. If it kill his side, then too bad.

It's coincidental that you mention this. I'm off today & had a load of it on a burn pile that I lit this morning.

It sounded like the 4th of July for 45 mins....

View attachment 98153
yep it will do that, the kids net door have huge fire pit, they were sitting around drinking beer, I asked them if they wanted to hear some fireworks, they were laughing at me, sure sure, i ran, they almost sh*t a brick when it went off for about 5 minutes, ash goes up 50 feet as of now 7 2 17 i'm bamboo free last year a saw one shoot come up got it, nothing yet this year, but i will still keep a eye open for it

A neighbor that I dislike planted bamboo along his side of the fence, and now it's invading my side. I spent some time on Saturday chopping down some stalks on my side and tossing them back over the fence to his side. I was going to put down some Roundup or something else on my side to kill the stuff, but I was holding back cuz I didn't want to kill all of his. Seems like it's really hard to kill, so maybe I'll just do it. If it kill his side, then too bad.
check you local laws, like here you can force him to rip it all out or pay a fine, here its a $100 a day if it gets away

My idiot neighbor planted an ivy bush in their front yard when they built the house five years ago. It has overtaken all their property and the roots are 50 feet into my yard. I've been trying to contact the owner to do something about this invasion, but no response. Since the grass in his yard has been replaced with noxious weeds and I'm fighting those as well, my next step is to contact the city and report him for these violations of city ordinances. The city will hire the job done and send him the bill.
And now the house on the other side of me has been abandoned by Wells Fargo since they got it in a reverse mortgage when the owners all died. That property is overgrown with weeds now too. And the house is full of mice. They need to burn this place down.

My idiot neighbor planted an ivy bush in their front yard when they built the house five years ago. It has overtaken all their property and the roots are 50 feet into my yard. I've been trying to contact the owner to do something about this invasion, but no response. Since the grass in his yard has been replaced with noxious weeds and I'm fighting those as well, my next step is to contact the city and report him for these violations of city ordinances. The city will hire the job done and send him the bill.
And now the house on the other side of me has been abandoned by Wells Fargo since they got it in a reverse mortgage when the owners all died. That property is overgrown with weeds now too. And the house is full of mice. They need to burn this place down.
bad company Wells Fargo good luck, getting them to do anything from what I heard, feel your pain my friend sorry, it would drive me nuts too, not they need a machine to rip out the roots

Well there's a brainfart LOL. It's a willow not an ivy. Don't know why I keep wanting to mix those two up. Yes a willow from hell. This stuff lines the river banks.

Well there's a brainfart LOL. It's a willow not an ivy. Don't know why I keep wanting to mix those two up. Yes a willow from hell. This stuff lines the river banks.
Oh crap, yep I did that once too, I killed it the next year I planted it, it should grow on a island only. it's as bad as bamboo it breaks off from the wind, and grows like weeds, good luck with your town, most don't want to help, and leave you stuck with the clean up you never made, women think its a nice looking tree, it maybe, but it grows like hell the roots can run 200 feet looking for water

Does Roundup work on the leaves? Obviously, if the leaves are 30' in the air, it makes application a problem.

No crap gets it, even know one person who had bamboo growing about 500 feet from his house, he thought he would try gasoline, he used a small amount, in a small area like 20x 20 feet, threw a stick that was burning in it, it killed everything on top, 3 weeks later it was growing better than ever
Must be ripped out, last year I finally did not get any growing back

Reactions: navychop
Salt can be quite effective----but I don't really think it could be called "organic."

When you use water for drinking from your well, and the bamboo is near your well, if not almost over it, it would kill your drinking water forever, and You could not even sell your house.
So that's not a great idea here, you rip it out in Nov, you let the cold freeze the baby roots

So, do you still have that issue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts