When was the last analog wildfeeds / backhaul you guys noticed?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvdxer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2004
I understand that for regular services, QVC and HSN are still there!

When did you see your last wildfeed or backhaul in good 'ol NTSC?

Think there was one or two a couple of years ago. I didn't bother to hook up the analog receiver for a 'look see'.
The last analog wild feed for me was maybe 10 or more years ago. I then 'shut down' the system for a few years before buying my first DVB receiver.

East Carolina had a backhaul in analog for football a few years ago on AMC 16. I'd have to check the log. Infomercials fed on galaxy 16 within the last year on analog. After Shepherd went .digital. Super mega lottery on Wed and sat is still analog at 9pm MT on g19 I believe Tr 23. Patriots still fed analog last preseason on Galaxy 19. Falcons did up until a year or two ago.

I believe HSN went digital. I think QVC and cspan are still analog??

I noticed an analog feed for Hometime over on SES-1 a few months back when setting up a dish mover, then on Galaxy 19, I also noticed some analog feeds less then 6 months ago.
They are still out there but few and far between.

Last one I saw was a soccer match it was about 5 years ago, on my old GI-650i.

For being analog the picture was SO GOOD it almost looked like high definition. I think a lot of people forget how good an analog picture could look.

IMHO, analog IS HD. Think about it. NO compression. No signal processing of any sort, really. The trick was to get a strong enough signal for no 'sparklies'.

I think Powerball drawings still feed in analog, but that is going on something I saw posted a few months ago about the feed and I haven't personally verified yet to see if that's still the case.

The last thing I checked wtih my analog receiver was QVC a few weeks ago because there were lots of postings about that analog feed going away but it is still there.

I think Powerball drawings still feed in analog
I've 'caught' them in DVB lately. Scan [IIRR] 99w Ku around 9:50pm central time. Drawing is at 9:59. Wed & Sat.(?)
Nope - I didn't write it in notes - therefore it's IIRR.

Not sure if this is current, Anik F2 at 111w has State of Virginia government transponders listed as NTSC.

NTSC.JPG

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)