Where are my Satellite Guy's gamers at?

I'm playing the PC Version. uPlay has a sale right now actually where you can basically get the Ezio collection for $15 for PC. You get 2, Brotherhood and Revelations.

https://store.ubi.com/us/game/?edition=Bronze Pack&pid=58453df74e016558168b4567&dwvar_58453df74e016558168b4567_Platform=pcdl#prefn1=brand&prefv1=Assassin's+Creed&start=3

I think this is a better deal. Aside from the price, the games run at 60 FPS. AC is SOOO much better at that speed.
That is a good deal and I've never played any of those games. AC 1 and Black Flag are my only real exposure to the series. I don't see myself ever going back to those older games though. I got AC Syndicate for $8 on Black Friday. That will be the next AC game I play.

You really should at least try 2. It's considered the best in the series. And if you really liked 4 then Rogue is basically more of that.
You can get 2 for like $6.80 on PC. https://store.ubi.com/us/assassin-s-creed-2-deluxe-edition/575ffd8ba3be1633568b4cbe.html

I did like Black Flag and I bought Rogue on sale a long time ago because I heard it was basically Black Flag 2. I never got around to playing it though.

I could go back to the older AC games but I think I would rather play a more modern and refined version of the series in Syndicate and Rogue. By the time I ever get around to playing those two games I think I will have enough AC in my system that I won't be anxious to play other games in the series for a while.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I own AC 2 and AC 3 on uPlay too.

Though the story wasn't as good as AC2, I probably liked Brotherhood the best. The gameplay was much more polished, the world was huge, climbing around on the famous monuments of Rome was amazing, and chillin' with Leonard da Vinci and doing missions for him was cool. I haven't played an AC game since Revelations, however.

Though the story wasn't as good as AC2, I probably liked Brotherhood the best. The gameplay was much more polished, the world was huge, climbing around on the famous monuments of Rome was amazing, and chillin' with Leonard da Vinci and doing missions for him was cool. I haven't played an AC game since Revelations, however.

Part of the reason I liked Black Flag even though none of the other games in series had ever hooked me is because they stopped taking the story so seriously and just let me have fun with the pirate setting. Even if the story is better in AC2 that probably won't be enough to drag me back in.

I bought NHL '94 on Amazon the other day. I borrowed my friend's SNES years ago and he passed away so I inherited it. He only had a couple games with it so I bought Ken Griffey's Winning Run a couple years ago for it and now this game. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. NHL '94 was the greatest hockey game and one of my all time favorite sports games in general. I played all night yesterday and remembered why I loved it as a child.

Any old games like this that you guys love to go back to on older systems? I've been looking at buying Earthbound because I know it's considered one of the greatest RPGs ever but I've never played it yet. It's a bit pricey online.

I bought NHL '94 on Amazon the other day. I borrowed my friend's SNES years ago and he passed away so I inherited it. He only had a couple games with it so I bought Ken Griffey's Winning Run a couple years ago for it and now this game. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. NHL '94 was the greatest hockey game and one of my all time favorite sports games in general. I played all night yesterday and remembered why I loved it as a child.

Any old games like this that you guys love to go back to on older systems? I've been looking at buying Earthbound because I know it's considered one of the greatest RPGs ever but I've never played it yet. It's a bit pricey online.

I don't typically get the urge to go back and play games from that era. The NES came out in North America 2 years before I was born so while I did have one and did have some good times with it I was too young to really appreciate it. I never owned a SNES and didn't get really into gaming until I got a PS1 for Christmas. I never really developed the nostalgia for Nintendo in the NES and SNES era that so many people seem to have. I have been having a good time with the Mega Man Legacy collection lately but that's not nostalgia since I have never played any of those games before.

I do have nostalgia for PS1, PS2, and playing Mario Kart and Smash on friends' N64s but unfortunately the polygonal 3D that most of those games used back then doesn't hold up very well today the way 8 bit and 16 bit Nintendo games do.

I've always been the type that hangs on to all my stuff. You never know when you want to go back to it. The SNES was my favorite game system with the N64 very close behind it. I grew up with the original NES and have fond memories but my video game hay day was with the SNES. That system has some of the best games ever.

I was curious if anyone here has any experience buying reprogrammed games. I had no idea this was a thing but people have been making their own versions of classic games that are playable on the NES, SNES and SEGA systems. I just ordered a reprogrammed copy of Earthbound for my SNES. I hope it works well because it cost $50 but it was still way cheaper than the authentic copies which run over $200.

I've always been the type that hangs on to all my stuff. You never know when you want to go back to it. The SNES was my favorite game system with the N64 very close behind it. I grew up with the original NES and have fond memories but my video game hay day was with the SNES. That system has some of the best games ever.

I was curious if anyone here has any experience buying reprogrammed games. I had no idea this was a thing but people have been making their own versions of classic games that are playable on the NES, SNES and SEGA systems. I just ordered a reprogrammed copy of Earthbound for my SNES. I hope it works well because it cost $50 but it was still way cheaper than the authentic copies which run over $200.
Have you ever considered emulation? I mean at this point the games are so old that it's not like you're taking money away from the developers because they're not getting it anyways.

Have you ever considered emulation? I mean at this point the games are so old that it's not like you're taking money away from the developers because they're not getting it anyways.

I use to have an old NES emulator and while it was fun it's just not the same as playing on the original system for me. I'm not worried about the developers either. They made their money off the games a long time ago.

I use to have an old NES emulator and while it was fun it's just not the same as playing on the original system for me. I'm not worried about the developers either. They made their money off the games a long time ago.
I'm the opposite. I love the fact that I have every Nintendo game at my disposal and the option to use whatever controller I want.

I already mentioned this in my post in the Game Awards thread but I finished Titanfall 2 yesterday. I started it about a month ago but the first hour didn't stand out that much to me so I focused on other games that grabbed my attention instead. I'm really glad I came back to it because it ended up being one of my favorite games of the year.

The story and characters were nothing to write home about but the gameplay feels great and they constantly surprised me with new things to do. This isn't the typical FPS campaign where the entire gameplay mechanics are basically the same with gradually increasing numbers of enemies to add some difficulty.

This game isn't very hard in general. The pilots in Titanfall are supposed to be badasses who are revered by the regular soldiers the way Luke is in the Star Wars movies or Master Chief is in the Halo games. When you walk past the regular grunts on your side they are often talking about how cool whatever you just did was.

I think this game does a better job of making me feel like that reverence is justified than just about anything else I have played. I felt like a monster ripping through the enemy forces while wall running, sliding, and using cloak to make myself invisible and sprinting around behind enemies to punch them into a wall while they are still shooting where I used to be. There are parts of the game where the enemy soldiers were literally running from me while I was ripping through them. It might make me sound like a homicidal maniac but going into these rooms where I was outnumbered 15 to 1 and not only easily taking them all out, but doing it with style felt awesome. Most video games make you the underdog who has to overcome a much greater enemy force against all odds. In Titanfall 2 I always felt like I had the advantage and the enemy soldiers were right to run from me.

There is an achievement called "I'm not locked in here with you." which is from this scene in Watchmen. I think that achievement title does a perfect job of describing what I felt like playing this game.

I also played through Batman: The Telltale Series over my holiday break. This is a good game. Like all the other Telltale games I have played, it has very good writing and voice acting. They force you to make tough choices that feel like they will have a big impact on the way things play out. Whether they actually do or not is debatable and I know this is one of the complaints a lot of people have with these games.

I have always felt that this doesn't really matter to me though. The choices feel important and as long as you aren't going online to read exactly what changes or playing the game multiple times to do everything the opposite way you did the first time that feeling isn't spoiled. I never do that. I always just play these games once making the choice that feels right to me. I don't want to spend 8 hours making decisions I wouldn't naturally make just to see a different outcome but I understand that this isn't the way everyone plays these games. Because I play them the way I do the illusion of choice is never broken for me.

That being said, in Batman I finally felt like the illusion of choice was broken a couple times for the first time in any of the Telltale games I have played. In the very first episode I chose to intimidate a criminal instead of physically hurting him to get answers. There are two different opportunities to hurt him and I chose not to both times. Immediately after that Alfred starts giving me a hard time for "beating a man half to death." It completely broke the immersion for me in the first episode and made me feel like the decisions I make don't make any difference.

In the second episode you have the option to leak information (that I won't spoil here) or keep your mouth shut. I chose not to leak the information but in episode 3 Alfred tells me the person I need help from owes me a favor because I leaked that info to them earlier. Gordon also inexplicably went from being a Batman supporter earlier in the game to not liking him later even though several of the choices I made were to benefit him and the police instead of other people.

It was almost like Telltale thought no one would make the choices I did and they didn't have any outcomes planned for those scenarios. Like I said, this is the first time this has happened to me in any of their games but it was really disappointing to see it happen here, especially because the writing was good and I like Batman. This felt like a good Batman story where they were given freedom to use the characters as they pleased instead of trying to retell a bunch of stories that have been told before.

The QTE combat and detective areas were cool and so was trying to get stuff done as Bruce Wayne instead of Batman. I just wish the game didn't completely contradict the choices I made so many times.

I also played through Batman: The Telltale Series over my holiday break. This is a good game. Like all the other Telltale games I have played, it has very good writing and voice acting. They force you to make tough choices that feel like they will have a big impact on the way things play out. Whether they actually do or not is debatable and I know this is one of the complaints a lot of people have with these games.

I have always felt that this doesn't really matter to me though. The choices feel important and as long as you aren't going online to read exactly what changes or playing the game multiple times to do everything the opposite way you did the first time that feeling isn't spoiled. I never do that. I always just play these games once making the choice that feels right to me. I don't want to spend 8 hours making decisions I wouldn't naturally make just to see a different outcome but I understand that this isn't the way everyone plays these games. Because I play them the way I do the illusion of choice is never broken for me.

That being said, in Batman I finally felt like the illusion of choice was broken a couple times for the first time in any of the Telltale games I have played. In the very first episode I chose to intimidate a criminal instead of physically hurting him to get answers. There are two different opportunities to hurt him and I chose not to both times. Immediately after that Alfred starts giving me a hard time for "beating a man half to death." It completely broke the immersion for me in the first episode and made me feel like the decisions I make don't make any difference.

In the second episode you have the option to leak information (that I won't spoil here) or keep your mouth shut. I chose not to leak the information but in episode 3 Alfred tells me the person I need help from owes me a favor because I leaked that info to them earlier. Gordon also inexplicably went from being a Batman supporter earlier in the game to not liking him later even though several of the choices I made were to benefit him and the police instead of other people.

It was almost like Telltale thought no one would make the choices I did and they didn't have any outcomes planned for those scenarios. Like I said, this is the first time this has happened to me in any of their games but it was really disappointing to see it happen here, especially because the writing was good and I like Batman. This felt like a good Batman story where they were given freedom to use the characters as they pleased instead of trying to retell a bunch of stories that have been told before.

The QTE combat and detective areas were cool and so was trying to get stuff done as Bruce Wayne instead of Batman. I just wish the game didn't completely contradict the choices I made so many times.

You're pretty lucky, given all the Telltale games you've played, for that to happen for the first time. It seems to happen to me at least once or twice in each Telltale game I play. However, I've played most of them multiple times to make the opposite choices. I'm still looking forward to playing Batman (when the price drops to <$10), so thanks for the spoiler-free overview.

You're pretty lucky, given all the Telltale games you've played, for that to happen for the first time. It seems to happen to me at least once or twice in each Telltale game I play. However, I've played most of them multiple times to make the opposite choices. I'm still looking forward to playing Batman (when the price drops to <$10), so thanks for the spoiler-free overview.

I guess it might not be the first time I have seen it but it's the first time that it felt bad enough to break the immersion for me. I mean immediately after I chose to be non-violent the game cut to a scene where I was told I beat a man half to death. The previous games may have gotten this kind of thing wrong too but I definitely haven't seen any of the other games contradict themselves in a way that was this obvious before. Maybe that stuff happened in the other games but I just happened to make the choice that agreed with what they told me I did later in the game.

The other thing is that I played most of the other Telltale games as the episodes were released. It wasn't until I got so sick of waiting 3+ months for each episode in Tales From the Borderlands that I decided I was done playing their games until the entire season was available. It is very possible that these kinds of contradictions did happen in the other games but since I was playing the episodes months apart I may not have noticed them the way I did when I played all of Batman over the course of 4-5 days.

The fact that I was fully aware of the game contradicting my choices 3 times in this game was a real bummer for me. That being said, it was 3 really short moments in a game that I actually did like quite a bit. I don't want this to keep people from playing the game because if you liked the other Telltale games and you like Batman I am very confident that you will like this game. It didn't make my top 10 games of the year but I think it would have been #11.

I guess it might not be the first time I have seen it but it's the first time that it felt bad enough to break the immersion for me. I mean immediately after I chose to be non-violent the game cut to a scene where I was told I beat a man half to death. The previous games may have gotten this kind of thing wrong too but I definitely haven't seen any of the other games contradict themselves in a way that was this obvious before. Maybe that stuff happened in the other games but I just happened to make the choice that agreed with what they told me I did later in the game.

The other thing is that I played most of the other Telltale games as the episodes were released. It wasn't until I got so sick of waiting 3+ months for each episode in Tales From the Borderlands that I decided I was done playing their games until the entire season was available. It is very possible that these kinds of contradictions did happen in the other games but since I was playing the episodes months apart I may not have noticed them the way I did when I played all of Batman over the course of 4-5 days.

The fact that I was fully aware of the game contradicting my choices 3 times in this game was a real bummer for me. That being said, it was 3 really short moments in a game that I actually did like quite a bit. I don't want this to keep people from playing the game because if you liked the other Telltale games and you like Batman I am very confident that you will like this game. It didn't make my top 10 games of the year but I think it would have been #11.

I've only ever played the episodes of a Telltale game within a week's time. And yes, sometimes the contradictions I spot are much more subtle than relating to a major decision like beating someone up.

However, my biggest gripe with Telltale games are the length, part of which is tied to the dumbing down of puzzles. But even when I replayed season 1 of TWD and knew what to do, it seemed most episodes (except the final one) were in the 2 to 2.5-hour range. Since The Wolf Among Us, I don't think I've seen an individual episode of a Telltale game go more than 90 minutes, and lately the games I've played have been in the 60-75 minute range. Michonne was especially disappointing in the regard. How long are the Batman episodes?

I've only ever played the episodes of a Telltale game within a week's time. And yes, sometimes the contradictions I spot are much more subtle than relating to a major decision like beating someone up.

However, my biggest gripe with Telltale games are the length, part of which is tied to the dumbing down of puzzles. But even when I replayed season 1 of TWD and knew what to do, it seemed most episodes (except the final one) were in the 2 to 2.5-hour range. Since The Wolf Among Us, I don't think I've seen an individual episode of a Telltale game go more than 90 minutes, and lately the games I've played have been in the 60-75 minute range. Michonne was especially disappointing in the regard. How long are the Batman episodes?

I didn't pay attention to how long the individual episodes were but according to Steam I played the entire game in 8 hours so they are on the shorter side. The last episode felt especially short while I think the first episode was a bit longer.

This game is not heavy on puzzles at all but there are a couple moments in the game where you are at a crime scene and have to use the clues in the environment to figure out what happened. Most of the game is dialogue choices and QTEs just like the last few Telltale games.

If you like more puzzle heavy adventure games you should check out a few of the Double Fine games since you probably already have access to them on PS Plus. I think they are all cross-buy/cross-play with the Vita versions too. Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, and Broken Age are all way more puzzle heavy, old school point and click adventure games while Telltale doesn't really focus on that stuff anymore.

I didn't pay attention to how long the individual episodes were but according to Steam I played the entire game in 8 hours so they are on the shorter side. The last episode felt especially short while I think the first episode was a bit longer.

This game is not heavy on puzzles at all but there are a couple moments in the game where you are at a crime scene and have to use the clues in the environment to figure out what happened. Most of the game is dialogue choices and QTEs just like the last few Telltale games.

If you like more puzzle heavy adventure games you should check out a few of the Double Fine games since you probably already have access to them on PS Plus. I think they are all cross-buy/cross-play with the Vita versions too. Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, and Broken Age are all way more puzzle heavy, old school point and click adventure games while Telltale doesn't really focus on that stuff anymore.

I've played Broken Age and the Cave (also Double Fine) and enjoyed both quite a bit. I'll have to check out Day of the Tentacle this month, though I wasn't impressed with the Grim Fandango remaster. Jumping from the Atari 2600 era to the PS3 era made me a graphics snob. I'm also not into point-and-click puzzle adventure games where the solution or path to solution is way too obscure and frustrating (again, I never played games like that from the earlier era). The Telltale Back to the Future game struck the perfect balance for me. I really need to rescue my PS3 from collecting dust in my bedroom (where it's there supposedly as a PS Vue streaming device) and move it back out to the living room where I can play the two Sam & Max games I already own as well as Tales of Monkey Island which I got in a flash sale.

I just played through the Nier Automata demo. I had never heard of this game or the series it comes from until I saw a bunch of games media people talking about the demo on Twitter this week. The demo is only on PS4 but the game is also coming to PC.

This is an action game made by Platinum that feels kind of like Devil May Cry at times. The setting and attitude are completely different but the actual combat feels similar. I haven't played too many games in that genre but I really liked that one so I'm kind of looking forward to this game now.

They do a couple weird things that I'm not sure I like. Sometimes the camera switches to a top down perspective and you basically play it like a twin stick shooter. At other times it zooms out from the side and it almost looks like a 2D platformer. I wasn't a huge fan of these parts of the demo. It kind of feels like they are negatively impacting the gameplay to go for the style they want. The normal, 3rd person action perspective feels pretty good though. I'm definitely interested enough to want to see reviews of the full game.

I've played Broken Age and the Cave (also Double Fine) and enjoyed both quite a bit. I'll have to check out Day of the Tentacle this month, though I wasn't impressed with the Grim Fandango remaster. Jumping from the Atari 2600 era to the PS3 era made me a graphics snob. I'm also not into point-and-click puzzle adventure games where the solution or path to solution is way too obscure and frustrating (again, I never played games like that from the earlier era). The Telltale Back to the Future game struck the perfect balance for me. I really need to rescue my PS3 from collecting dust in my bedroom (where it's there supposedly as a PS Vue streaming device) and move it back out to the living room where I can play the two Sam & Max games I already own as well as Tales of Monkey Island which I got in a flash sale.

You might want to check out Oxenfree too. I haven't played it yet but it was made by ex-Telltale people and I have heard a lot of good things about it. It's definitely on my list of games I want to get to soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts