Where are my Satellite Guy's gamers at?

I tried out Yooka-Laylee. Still to early to pass judgment, but I'm definitely not seeing a 2/10 or 37.5 out of 100 that some other reviewers had. Although to be fair, this game has been patched and is different from what pre-release reviewers got.

Tried out the New Prey this morning. It's.. interesting. FYI my microphone cuts off midway through due to a technical issue. That could be a good or bad thing depending on your point of view.

The other night I tried out the Remastered Darksiders game. It didn't go very well.

On the plus side, I finally got an intro to my videos!

The other night I tried out the Remastered Darksiders game. It didn't go very well.

On the plus side, I finally got an intro to my videos!

I don't have time to check out this video right now but I played Darksiders this weekend too. I'm only about 2.5 hours in but I've had a much different reaction than you so far. The level design feels dated but I'm enjoying the combat. It also seems to be getting better as I unlock new abilities and weapons.

I think what really turned me off at the time was that literally everything I saw in the game I've seen done better elsewhere. Playing this just reminded me of games like God Of War, Bayonetta, and even Prototype. Thing is, those games were better than what I saw here. That's not to say that this needed to be better, but to me I was just like, "Ehhhhh..." the whole time.

I forgot to mention a while ago that I beat Horizon: Zero Dawn. I plan on doing a full blown video review soon (for real) but all you need to know is that this is the best PS4 game out there now as well as the best Sony Exclusive IP out there now. It's a shoe-in for a GOTY award, if not that then overall GOTY like Doom was last year.

Injustice 2 is coming this week, so that'll be my next fun project. Still working through Yooka Laylee as well. Having a good amount of fun with that.

Edit: Just saw that I had a copy of Virginia installed on my computer. I'm going to tackle that next.

Last edited:
Randomly got matched up with King last night in Rocket League. Second time that's happened in 360 or so hours of play, lol.

I hate that neo tokyo normal course, it throws me off a lot without the raised sides.

Randomly got matched up with King last night in Rocket League. Second time that's happened in 360 or so hours of play, lol.

I hate that neo tokyo normal course, it throws me off a lot without the raised sides.

Yeah, that was crazy. With about 150,000 people playing Rocket League on a daily basis we both happened to be at the same competitive rank and got paired up together in random matchmaking. I did not have one of my better games and we got beat pretty easily but it was fun.

Yeah, we got stomped, I was not playing very well either. I'm pretty hit or miss lately. creeping towards level 50.

Yeah, I seem to do either really well or really bad. I don't spend too much time in between those extremes. During the last competitive season I topped out at Rising Star. This season I seem to be stuck in Gold 2 with small stints in Gold 3. I'm not sure if this is because they adjusted the ranking system or if I'm just not quite as good now that I'm not playing as many hours every week as I used to.

I played through this one, It was quite boring, not even worth the "easy" gamerscore. I'm surprised quite a few people give it a good review.
I can definitely see why people would like it. Honestly I was at least not disliking my experience until that final day came. The last 20 or so minutes are such a cluster F that I was really annoyed that they thought that a bunch of random segments stemming from an acid trip was better than say, a decisive, cohesive ending.

I didn't even get through the ending. As soon as that last achievement popped that I could get on one playthrough, I quickly uninstalled it, even though there was a little "game" left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)