Whew! I'm glad I have DirecTV now...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Dish is having a dispute with Turner now, and I watch Boomerang a lot! Occasionally I'll watch some of the other Turner stations as well (except for like CNN).

If you watch Boomerang a lot you are not going to be happy in a few weeks. They are changing the format and most of the classic cartoons are going away.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/tur...merang-to-focus-on-family-viewing-1201329469/

Both companies have disputes, do you remember when DIRECTV dropped all the Viacom channels? It happens.

I don't expect this one to last long.
Well to be fair, Dish's disputes tend to last A LOT LONGER. The DirecTV/Viacom dispute lasted two weeks. The Dish and AMC dispute lasted four months. DirecTV had a dispute with The Weather Channel that lasted that long too, but the channel has gotten downhill. Although I wonder how long Dish's current dispute will last.

Yep, funny when one says "go get 'em Dish!". I've had both and have no allegiance to either and I'm soon out of contract with Dish as neither cares about the consumer but please stop saying Dish saves us more money than Directv. I've gotten my "come back to Directv" mailings but am not sure I can give up my HWS.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I found Dish's equipment fees to be too high otherwise I'd consider them. I'm very happy with D* but not afraid to take a break and come back for new customer rates from time to time.

And dish has more disputes which, in the end, doesn't save us any money as dish and directv cost about the same.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Exactly

All they do is piss people off and loose customers.

I guess they figure it's worth it to loose several thousand subscribers to save a few pennies for several million subscribers

T&J... The good ole days. Didn't they take that completely off the air, as it was to "violent"?

I use to love Tom and Jerrry and Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck ...
They use to be on Boomerang ... I haven't watched in quite awhile ... I think the banner may say thier name but it's like thier cousins or kids, just not the same.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)