Wii u

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What is more surprising to me is that they did this during an a financial earnings announcement. Way to create some hype.... Why not have an announcement event like Sony and Microsoft did? They could have done it at an existing event like E3 or even had a Nintendo Direct. I'm sure they will still do something like this eventually but still.

I also agree that it's weird that they aren't getting it out in time for Christmas. The only thing that makes sense to me is some kind of manufacturing delay. Their target audience is parents buying the NX for their kids and missing Christmas will have a big impact on their early sales numbers. A slow start for this console would be a big problem after the way the Wii U sold.

For me personally, the timing is great. They are releasing during the time of the year that I make the most money and that means I will be more likely to buy one at launch even though I probably shouldn't. The consoles I already own are not being used that often so it doesn't make a ton of sense to buy another.

Probably expect demand to outpace supply initially no matter even it is released

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Maybe in the initial launch. They will get early adopters and hardcore Nintendo fans on board. The problem is everybody else.

The Wii U only sold 12.8 million units. That's on par with the Vita. They absolutely need all the hype they can get.

Yeah, doesn't mean I expect them to be right :)

If an architecture change means no backwards compatibility I certainly won't be lining up for one anytime soon after release.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Greedy Scumbags Copyright Happy Nintendo is throwing ContentID Claims on Minecraft YouTube videos that have footage of the Super Mario Wii U skin. Just to clarify, Nintendo does not OWN Minecraft...

Allegedly, the NX is going to be delayed (again) and have production number cut in order to add VR support.

https://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-reportedly-delays-nx-production-to-add-vr-365538.phtml

It doesn't sound like the console itself has been delayed, at least not yet. It sounds like launch is still planned for March 2017. The way I read it, production that was supposed to start now to have 20 million units ready during the first year has been delayed. Because of that delay of 6+ months in production time they are cutting the amount of units that are supposed to be ready in the first year down to 10 million.

Considering that the Wii U has only sold 12 million over it's entire lifetime I don't think this will be an issue. If anything, planning to manufacture 20 million units before they have sold any seemed like an incredibly risky idea.

This made me laugh..
1DgjnwI.png

This may be one of the most insane glitches I've ever seen. Not because of what it does (which is still quite cool) but the memory manipulation and specifics to get it to work are just.... Wow. It is a little dry and drags a bit but it is fascinating. I'm SOOO glad that programming has evolved to where memory management and addresses can be handled by the programs automatically and not need to be manually controlled.

Here's the top 10 best selling Wii U and 3DS games.

https://www.destructoid.com/more-li...e-the-wii-u-and-3ds-best-sellers-395819.phtml

Not surprising that ALL the games are first party releases. Some numbers are surprising, like that Splatoon! sold over 4.5 million, which is incredible for a brand new IP, or that Brawl on Wii U didn't even break 5 million, which is disappointing considering that was really primed to be a system seller. I'm sure it didn't help that there was a 3DS version as well. People probably just preferred that one because it was portable. Also a little sad to see that Bayonetta didn't get in the Top 10. That really was a great, well made game. It's just too bad that it was forced to be on the WIi U, but sadly it was that or no game at all.

Nintendo has had to clarify, once again, that they are NOT ceasing Wii U system production.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...mors-Nintendo-is-Not-Halting-Wii-U-Production

Personally I don't know why they would even bother still making these things. The only upcoming high profile release for it is Zelda, and that's launching with the Switch, so no one is going to go out and buy a Wii U to play the inferior version with the promise of no other big games coming out. The only people buying Wii U Zelda will be current Wii U owners. And as far as other games go, other than Zelda it's just getting digital only ports of other games, meaning they're not system exclusive, so again, no one is buying it for the games. Guess at this point it's a pride thing, because it sure doesn't make sense from a purely business standpoint.

Surprising no one, Nintendo announced that Zelda is the last game they're making for the Wii U.
Debating whether I want to get it for the Wii U or not. I have Switches on order, along with a couple copies of Zelda. But the kids won't get those until Easter (or their birthdays, haven't decided which).

But a Will U version would let me play right away.

Debating whether I want to get it for the Wii U or not. I have Switches on order, along with a couple copies of Zelda. But the kids won't get those until Easter (or their birthdays, haven't decided which).

But a Will U version would let me play right away.

Yes but the Wii U version will also likely be the inferior version. I'd say you just wait for the Switch version.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01...ch-wii-u-versions-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild

Nintendo has actually said what the differences will be between the Wii U and Switch version. It sounds like the Switch version will render at a slightly higher resolution (900p vs 720p) and have better sound. Both versions run at 30 FPS and it sounds like both of them will have the same graphics besides the resolution bump on the Switch.

If I were in your shoes I would wait to play it on the Switch. There won't be much difference between the two versions but if you don't play Zelda on the Switch what else are you going to play on it? The fact that they aren't more different is probably not a good thing for Nintendo. Just look at the release schedule for this year.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/13/14241960/nintendo-switch-launch-titles-prices-release-dates

To me this means that people who have a Wii U don't really have much reason to buy a Switch until April 28th unless they just want a new portable device. You can play Zelda on the Wii U and there really aren't any other games to own a Switch for until Splatoon 2 comes out. Since I don't really care about that game that isn't going to do it for me though.

I think Zelda looks awesome and I don't have a Wii U. I went into that presentation hoping to see enough to pre-order a Switch so I could play Zelda day one. I just can't really justify buying a console to play one game, especially when there isn't anything else for me until Super Mario Odyssey comes out for the holidays.

Reactions: fireponcoal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)