Will Dish offer promo's to existing customers?

hometheaterman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
So I was trying to cut down the bills as much as possible to save money. I have internet with Comcast but that's it. My tv comes from Dish. Anyway, I kept reading things online saying how Comcast would usually work with you and give you discounted rates. I checked with them and got a promo where my internet is now $27.99 a month for 6 months. It was $62.something. That's a good discount. Will Dish Network offer any promo's like this? I'm not to interested in signing a 2 year contract for a few free months of premiums. I'd rather just not have premiums than to have a contract. Should I give them a call and see if they offer any promo's or is there no hope?

What got me thinking of this mainly was a I read a Yahoo article the other day about how most things like this in this economy are negotiable.

Dish Network will give you $10 off per month for 12 months if you take a 24 month commitment. They will also give you free HBO/Showtime for 3 months and Cinemax for a penny for a year. Some customers may not qualify for these though. The free HBO/Showtime for three months also requires the two year commitment but if you are going to take the 12 months of $10 off (customer loyalty discount) then you might as well take the free HBO/Showtime with it. It does not extend the contract two more years. The Cinemax for a year for a penny requires no commitment but requires paperless billing and autopay.

Not to hijack his thread or anything, but will Dish offer new DVRs for signing a new 2 year agreement or is that strictly to new customers? Are there any discounts for getting a new DVR?

Called Dish CSR yesterday, asked for the offer for 3 months free HBO and Showtime that was offered on Dishnetwork.com, and got it. The offer expires January 2010. I already had paperless billing which was a requirement. CSR said you must call to cancel the service at the end of 3 months or will be charged the regular fee of 22.00 for two premium services. By the way, I also receive the penny Cinemax deal. Not bad.

One of the things I like about Dish is there programing packages, many dont like the many packages they have, but there lower tier packages have a decent about of channels. I switch up during times of the year when we are not watching much tv (summer time)

If you compare to other there services there lower packages do have some bang for the buck, if your looking to save a few dollars.

Not to hijack his thread or anything, but will Dish offer new DVRs for signing a new 2 year agreement or is that strictly to new customers? Are there any discounts for getting a new DVR?

FWIW I got a 722 DVR for $50 with a new 2 year commitment, but that was a bit over a year ago, so I've no idea if it's still available.

Log on to the dishnetwork.com website to see if you have any hardware offers coming.

Programming discounts are generally not offered to existing customers outside of special existing customer promotions when your commitment has run out. At that point, they might comp you some movie channels.

Whomever said that Comcast will work with the customer was probably lying.

Someone that pays their bill on time since they were a Dish Network customer and has been a customer for a while. They might even consider someone having at least a certain package to be one that is a good customer.

Is anyone getting the HBO/Showtime more than once? I think I have seen on here where some have gotten it a 2nd time. I have talked twice to them and cannot get it again......
Just wondering if I need to keep calling till I get CSR that will do it??????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts